FILM Photographer of the Year 2020 Discussion Thread ***Final Scores Added***

Just over a day to get your entries in folks, I’m guessing a lot of you are in a 28 Days Later lockdown type scenario so if you’re still waiting for your films to come back from TruPrint, good luck.

Just over a day to get your entries in folks, I’m guessing a lot of you are in a 28 Days Later lockdown type scenario so if you’re still waiting for your films to come back from TruPrint, good luck.
I sent off my last roll of Kodachrome to the address on the box, haven't heard back from them yet... ;)

EDIT Actually, sent off 2 rolls to Filmdev last Thursday, got the downloads yesterday afternoon. Looks like I might have to get the crowbar out...

Last edited:
Still waiting on AG. Not holding out much hope before the deadline.

Is it only me that has to click though the link to Flickr to view Marks ( Threeracers) images?
Atm I’m viewing via the app but I think it’s the same on the laptop and desktop.
Everyone else’s images show in the thread no problem.

@Barbosas is that a digital scan of a film image? Everything on here is supposed to be film...

I changed my mind on my entry 3 times in the last hour!

Well done getting those last minute entries in. I’ll get to the voting soon folks.

Is it only me that has to click though the link to Flickr to view Marks ( Threeracers) images?
Atm I’m viewing via the app but I think it’s the same on the laptop and desktop.
Everyone else’s images show in the thread no problem.

Am I doing it wrong? I have been clicking on the hyperlink button (diagonal chain thing) and inserting the URL that Flickr gives when you click share. Tried the one in the right of that but it wouldn’t work. How are you all posting?

Anyone else see my posted images without having to click through to Flickr?

Mark

Am I doing it wrong? I have been clicking on the hyperlink button (diagonal chain thing) and inserting the URL that Flickr gives when you click share. Tried the one in the right of that but it wouldn’t work. How are you all posting?

Mark

Click the share icon:

flickr share 1.JPG
Then choose the BBCode oftion. Choose the image size you want, and then copy the code and paste it into your post here.

flickr share.JPG

Note: I've not found any way to do this specific process from the Flickr app in mobile devices however.

I think @Threeracers you're just posting the link? I tried that but you lose control over how big the image displays, we don't want that in such a prestigious competition!

Mark

I have little idea as to how flickr works.
I post my images direct into the post on here from my hardrive.

I wouldn't say that you're doing anything "wrong" as such .....Just a little strange as it's only your images that don't automatically show.
Perhaps it's only me who can't see them ( only the links) but if that is the case then I have no idea why.

I msee everyone has at least one vote! That's nice :)

@RaglanSurf I'd like yours and others opinion on this. Mystery Month, if this cursed lock down isn't lifted by the end of April any chance you could bring the announcement of the theme forward a month to give us a little extra time?

@RaglanSurf I'd like yours and others opinion on this. Mystery Month, if this cursed lock down isn't lifted by the end of April any chance you could bring the announcement of the theme forward a month to give us a little extra time?
Sounds good to me

Thing is we don’t yet know what the theme will be. I suspect that whatever is chosen will be based on the limitations that we all face if still confined. If we do still see ourselves stuck at home then 4 weeks will imo be ample to obtain a photo. If we were not restricted, ( working etc) most of us wouldn’t have the same amount of ‘free’ time within that month to concentrate on obtaining a masterpiece!
Just my opinion...... best ignored tbh [emoji23]

Thing is we don’t yet know what the theme will be. I suspect that whatever is chosen will be based on the limitations that we all face if still confined. If we do still see ourselves stuck at home then 4 weeks will imo be ample to obtain a photo. If we were not restricted, ( working etc) most of us wouldn’t have the same amount of ‘free’ time within that month to concentrate on obtaining a masterpiece!
Some of us are still working and have all the other restrictions.

That's a fair point.

Although I have more free time normally, I'm still working and I do more with the kids since I'm in the house. Never thought I'd miss the office!

@TheBigYin Could April’s be stickied please Mark and March un-stickied. Thanks

Sounds good to me
Some of us are still working and have all the other restrictions.
That's a fair point.

Although I have more free time normally, I'm still working and I do more with the kids since I'm in the house. Never thought I'd miss the office!

What are people’s thoughts about this now?

Announcing the mystery month early is an option although to err on the cautious side it’s likely it would be something that could be achieved at home.

Or we could wait and I’ll try and pick a more expansive theme if restrictions have been lifted enough to allow some travel for our photography.

No preference here. Struggled with Wild, struggling with Ruin, but I'll get something!

My view pretty much remains the same but I’m not such a stick in the mud that I’ll go sulk over minor changes...... I just won’t send you a Xmas card ( like I didn’t on previous years [emoji23])?

What are people’s thoughts about this now?

Announcing the mystery month early is an option although to err on the cautious side it’s likely it would be something that could be achieved at home.

Or we could wait and I’ll try and pick a more expansive theme if restrictions have been lifted enough to allow some travel for our photography.

Okay, I'm happy to go with the group just thought it was worth putting out there.

My problem at the moment is that I'm not shooting enough to finish a roll, particularly on 35mm, (large format is less of a problem in that regard :D ). As with others, I'm not that fussed either way, particularly if the subject is suitable for shooting around-the-house.

My problem at the moment is that I'm not shooting enough to finish a roll, particularly on 35mm, (large format is less of a problem in that regard :D ). As with others, I'm not that fussed either way, particularly if the subject is suitable for shooting around-the-house.
I think a lot of people are the same boat, it's really tough. I'm really torn between picking something everyone can have a go at during the lockdown and posting the the theme now or waiting a little longer.

It's a tricky one alright.... I think that, from my point of view as I'm mainly sticking to the stay at home rule, knowing the theme a bit earlier would be a help, so long as it isn't 'take a picture of a wild elephant' :D

Back