Film Photographer of the Year 2020 February - Mostly Black - ***RESULTS ADDED***

Vote for your fave 6

• Asha - Dark Doorway

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • mdpF2 - Mostly black coffee

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Phil S - Dark arches

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Harlequin565 - Orchid on Black

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • sirch - MostlyBlack

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Threeracers - Black Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mrs Snap - Guiness 1

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • FishyFish - Mostly black

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • steveo_mcg - Mostly Black

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • compulsivehoardr - Suki

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Peter B - Leaves

• Andysnap - Domino Rally

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • srichards - Biddulph Grange Gardens

• ChrisR - Croft an-righ

Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Craigus - Mostly Black

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Kevin Allen - Fountains Abbey

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • londonbackpackr - St Paul's

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Carl Hall - Colosseum, Rome

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for February 2020 is MOSTLY BLACK

Entries to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on SATURDAY 29th February 2020. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards.

Entries must be SHOT ON FILM, and must be TAKEN ON OR AFTER THE 1st DECEMBER 2019.

This thread is for entries only. The rules and themes can be found here,
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/film-photographer-of-the-year-2020-rules-themes.704219/
and the discussion thread for 2020 is here. https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...er-of-the-year-2020-discussion-thread.704220/

Mamiya RB67 w/180mm Sekor C, Expired Acros 100 in HC-110 (B)

Orchid on Black
by Ian, on Flickr

Got very frustrated that the images I took specifically for this went in the bin when I exposed the roll by accident. Then I grew up and tried again...

Poll added, vote for your favourite 6

What an excellent selection of shots, well done to everyone and especially Kevin, a well deserved if narrow win.

Some top notch shots this month made voting very difficult.
Congratulations Kevin, a very worthy pole position entry.[emoji106]
For the rest of us, we best pull us sox up and do better next time
[emoji14]

well guy's I think you all excelled yourselves this month - for what could be a rather difficult subject, there's been some fantastic interpretations and some really really well executed images pulled off here.

All in all Kevin - a worthy winner - my personal favourites other than Kevins were Andy's Domino Rally - the movement blurs on the domino spots added the perfect sense of movement to the image - ChrisR's moody damp Edinburgh was a still straight from a Film-Noir movie - and Chris's Slightly Ajar Door was a perfect exercise in the control of exposure.

Seriously - Chapeau guys... Brilliant work.

Huge congratulations to @Kevin Allan . I made a few attempts along similar lines and just couldn't get anywhere near that faint lighting on the arches that gives it 3d form!

The points will be up tomorrow, sorry for the delay.

Well done Kevin, fantastic entry and well deserved winner, and congrats to all the rest that pushed him all the way, great set of entries this month.

February results, sorry for the clunky presentation, I'm having to do this on a work PC that has all the functionality of a 1970's tv remote control.

1583750565617.png1583750591955.png

Last edited:
Bit of a squeeze on ´ère with Chris but flipping ´éck I’ve got on the podium.[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

That’s it then , I’ve achieved that status so I can now retire [emoji23]

Last edited:
Well, I've put quite a lot of time into trying to get a "Wild" shot and got nothing presentable so may be it is time to quit while I'm (almost) ahead :)

Back