Film Photographer of the Year 2020, July - Stranger Portrait - ***POINTS & STANDINGS***

Pick your favourite 4

• AndySnap

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Mrs Snap

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Harlequin565

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Asha

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • londonbackpackr

• sirch

• Peter B

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • FishyFish

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • excalibur2

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • mdpF2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Threeracers

• compulsivehordr

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Carl Hall

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for July 2020 is Stranger Portrait

Entries to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on FRIDAY 31st July 2020. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards.

Entries must be SHOT ON FILM, and must be TAKEN ON OR AFTER THE 1st DECEMBER 2019.

This thread is for entries only. The rules and themes can be found here,
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/film-photographer-of-the-year-2020-rules-themes.704219/
and the discussion thread for 2020 is here. https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...er-of-the-year-2020-discussion-thread.704220/

Ross Ensign 16-20 on Rollei RPX 400. Payback on the Granada Reporter who interviewed Jan and I when we visited Quarry Bank Mill after the easing of lockdown restrictions.

The Interview by Andy, on Flickr

So let's see what STRANGER ways of capturing a PORTRAIT we can come up with.

Subject ( Me) composed on the groundglass of an Intrepid black edition 4x5 camera.

Groundglass image captured on negative b&w film using a Chamonix 45H-1 camera.

Shutter triggered by the subject using a long bulb shutter release cable.

TP.jpg

Signs of the times
This guy was sat on a wall with his friend by a small square in Birmingham, I approached and asked if I could take their photo and his friend agreed. He was a bit more reluctant but didn't object and I liked the fact that he had the mask.

SignsOfTheTimes by Chris H, on Flickr

ETA - Pentax ME Super - Fujifim Xtra 400

Last edited:
I've held back a little in case I got chance to make some more portraits, but don't think it will happen now, so here's one from my outing the other week. He's a street performer but I did ask and receive permission to make the photo.

Yashica Mat 124G
Kodak Portra 400

One-hundred people who I don't know #9
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well because of a disaster all I have is a "where's wally" shot o_O
AZ6n3zm.jpg

Martin ain't a stranger, but the pic was (arguably) taken in a strange way. Rather than use a proper lens, I gaffer-taped a -4 diopter trial lens like they use in an opticians over the mounting hole of my camera, then held a large magnifying glass a few inches away, Freelensing, perhaps. I used an Olympus OM4 Ti because I needed something that would work out the exposure for itself. Then the scanner was mucking up, chucking everything out in negative for some reason, so I left this that way. And I might have got a fingerprint on the neg.

martin freelensed neg .jpg

Vote closes tomorrow.

Well done @Peter B
You might be in for a freebie wee dram :beer:from the guy seeing as his portrait gave you the winning entry;)

Yes, well done Peter, as soon as I saw that I thought..winner..

Well done Peter! And to all entrants!

(y)

Well done @Peter B and everyone else that managed to enter what was a pretty tricky theme especially in the current conditions.

will get the points and leader board up in the week.

Results for July

FPOTY July 202 Points.png

Last edited:
Back