Critique Finally a good shot of Pistyll Rhaeadr

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Liking this image a lot.
The composition and balance are ideal to show the flow and route.
The water exit bottom right continues the story; so, for me, the top (including bit of sky) needs retaining as the introduction to the image.

Agree. Lifted the shadows as much as I could but was a tad of a challenging shot. So bright on the water and so dark in the gorge. The RAW file is very dark so I could at least get some colour in the water.

Lol, I almost need a poll on the sky...:LOL:

Anyway, It's my photo so leaving it in so there...(unless I have a look and a rethink)...

Lol, I almost need a poll on the sky...:LOL:

Anyway, It's my photo so leaving it in so there...(unless I have a look and a rethink)...

Looking at them on Flicker, I prefer the other shot. The sky in that one gives it a sense of height and I prefer the foreground too. It's just a matter of personal taste.

Some lovely composition here.

I think the sky is such a small part of the image that it can stay.

There simply has to be something above the waterfall. Sky or something else I don't care....

Composition on the full ones are nice, light perhaps not so much; it could do with a little bit of sun. Exposure.... I can't reconcile with the fact there is just such an obvious dark top grad filer there. Last example you still have blown out sky (recovered to featureless false grey) so why bother with the stupid thing? Do a manual blend or even leave it as is.

Back