Finally - Barn Owl in good light! Bonus Deer too...

Name
Si
Edit My Images
Yes
I've made numerous trips out over the last couple of years in the evenings looking for Owls, sometimes just walking the dog around the local lanes and taking the camera with me and other times dedicated trips out. I've usually either drawn a complete blank, or the light has been none existent or they've been miles away when I have seen them. Made a trip out to one of the local reserves after seeing plenty of reports of activity on social media and a couple of hours later voila, Owl central and in lovely light! Still pretty big crops, so not great detail in some of them but I'm pretty happy with these (albeit it's got me thinking about long lenses again :facepalm:)

Barn Owl in flight - wings down by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Barn Owl -the angel of death by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Barn Owl in flight - heading my way by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Barn Owl - in for the kill by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Barnie on the prowl by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Bonus Roe Deer....

Think I've been spotted (Roe Deer) by Simon Lundbeck, on Flickr

Last edited:
Lovely, nice to see. Number 3 is my pick as that has the best light on the owl. (y)

Well done Si, always lovely to see Barn owls and you've caught some great poses (y)

Looks like a female, definitely worth keep an eye on her, hopefully she'll be looking for a mate.

:LOL:......Have I mentioned the 500pf with mk3 1.4 tele is impressive in good light..........:LOL:

Last edited:
Well done Si, always lovely to see Barn owls and you've caught some great poses (y)

Looks like a female, definitely worth keep an eye on her, hopefully she'll be looking for a mate.

:LOL:......Have I mentioned the 500pf with mk3 1.4 tele is impressive in good light..........:LOL:

Thanks Phil - I intend to get back there when I can, hopefully sometime this week..

I think you might have mentioned it, yep! :LOL: I was sat there rather wishing I'd already picked one up TBH

Well captured Si, I know how much of a buzz it gives when it all comes together !

I had that feeling last month and trying so hard since to re-create it :)

Well captured Si, I know how much of a buzz it gives when it all comes together !

I had that feeling last month and trying so hard since to re-create it :)

Yeah, it's a great buzz. I'm hoping to get back there this week at least once, hopefully it'll show as well as it did the other night (or even show up at all would be nice)! :)

Very nice captures in some good light, Si - no wonder you're pleased with them! :)

Russ

Thanks Russ, yeah it's great when it finally comes together! :)

Back