Finally got a Kingfisher !!!

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Taken this afternoon, spent lots of time following this kingfisher and he seemed to be quite relaxed with me being close by, I think it helped that the small river was fast flowing and murky so he thought the trout breeding ponds were easy pickings !!:D
I was chuffed to be able to get a few shots and i'm sure I can get better shots next time !!

Dean

_DSC0371jpg.jpg

_DSC0376jpg.jpg

_DSC0380jpg.jpg

_DSC0385jpg.jpg

_DSC0386jpg.jpg

_DSC0389jpg.jpg

Well done mate.....(y)

Is it an industrial Kingfisher...........:D...........certainly a different outlook on thier habitat and one that I quite like.

As above and great to see the sun shining on him too (y)

Well done mate.....(y)

Is it an industrial Kingfisher...........:D...........certainly a different outlook on thier habitat and one that I quite like.

It was in a very rural setting, its where i'm fortunate enough to have the use of a bird hide on the same land, most of it is taken by trout breeding ponds so the metal pipes have pumps etc. attached to them to be swung into different ponds, they do make interesting perches though.

Dean

3 and 4 for me mate..I am green with envy..I would love to capture one of these one day..well done:clap:

Well done Dean :clap: Nice to see them adapting to different habitats :)

I would be over the moon with shots like that (y)
A million miles away from the blue, blurred flashes I've got :LOL:
Well done Dean :clap:

(y)

nice set

look forward to seeing more

md(y)

Great set of shots, nice to see diferent suroundings, not a BM perch in sight. :LOL: :LOL: :D :D

We've moved on from kingfishers now, it's owls these days :LOL: ;)

Great effort, and well caught! Some 'different' perches there for sure! :)

Very nice set you caught there - you should be pleased.

I'm not really that jealous that I've not got one yet.

Nice one Dean (y)

Yup well done aand nice set of what seems a very elusive bird :)

Not at all shoddy. My local KF is pretty good at avoiding being captured at anything more than 100x200 pixels on my 40D. Git!

I can understand that you are happy. They are great little birdies

Lovely shots Dean.
Wouldn't be so satisfying if you could get shots every visit.

Back