Finally got my Goldcrest for 2017!

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Goldcrests are such lovely little birds but when foraging for insects these tiny birds move so fast in and out of the foliage that it is difficult to get more than a fleeting sight of them, let alone get them in the viewfinder long enough to focus and take a shot ... I've seen them a few times this year but this morning was the first time I have managed to successfully get a shot!
Fairly heavy crop so not as clean as I would like but happy to have finally got one. :)

Goldcrest
by Roger, on Flickr

Well done @gramps The bird is well in focus from beak to tail and a lovely bird to look at. Congratulations sir (y)

Thanks folks ... I was beginning to think that I wouldn't get a shot of one this year. :)

Nice one roger not seen any yet this year but it's been very windy for weeks here ?
Thanks Kev, yes a lot calmer here today and managed to see more of the small birds. :)

Feelting and quick as you said! Lovely tiny birds. I heard we have a firecrest locally this year too.

Feelting and quick as you said! Lovely tiny birds. I heard we have a firecrest locally this year too.
Would love to see a Firecrest ... apparently we had one earlier in the year where I saw this one but alas I didn't see it. :(

Would love to see a Firecrest ... apparently we had one earlier in the year where I saw this one but alas I didn't see it. :(

Yes me too. I heard about them only. Wish i could see. And yet i have never had a picture of a goldcrest either although i've seen them a few times.

Last edited:
Lovely capture excellent detail.(y) Photographed one the other day for the first time but no where near the quality of your image.:(

Lovely capture excellent detail.(y) Photographed one the other day for the first time but no where near the quality of your image.:(
Thanks Chris ... this was the only good shot out of half a dozen chances yesterday, they are truly supercharged little birds. :)

Back