Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
Cold morning and a long walk, lots of patience but finally

51117236213_f479d62eb5_o.jpg

51116759012_509c87c4e9_o.jpg

Great shots Ingrid - well worth the wait and all the patience! (y)

Russ

Cheers Russ, this has been ongoing since last year, 3rd visit since he came back a couple of weeks ago, announcing
his arrival in the usual noisy way might go back at some time but happy with the pictures I got today despite the
excitement of seeing him

nice one seen one but no shots yet

nice one seen one but no shots yet

Not seen one for years, heard about this one last year, he's been visiting for many years when he comes back to
the UK so had to try and see him at least
Cheers (y)

Excellent shots Ingrid.
I've heard cuckoo's a couple of times, but never managed to actually see one....

Excellent shots Ingrid.
I've heard cuckoo's a couple of times, but never managed to actually see one....

Cheers Bob, they seem to be getting more common down here, heard my first of the year a couple of weeks ago
in the opposite direction even further south
The common is a lovely place, awash with birds, Dartford Warblers, Wheatears, curlews etc. Now I have the cuckoo pics I can wander around and and catch a few more pictures of the others

Always a good feeling when you get the illusive birds shot- well done Ingrid :)

Les

As yet I have neither seen or heard a Cuckoo - I'll keep looking and listening though :)

We have a few down here, first heard one at Pulborough Brooks 3 weeks ago, apparently they are coming in earlier then usual
I hear them, but tracking them down .......................................... :thinking:

We have a few down here, first heard one at Pulborough Brooks 3 weeks ago, apparently they are coming in earlier then usual
I hear them, but tracking them down .......................................... :thinking:

Its usually late April before we get them here on the Somerset Levels - as you say tracking them down and photographing them is some feat :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Its usually late April before we get them here on the Somerset Levels - as you say tracking them down and photographing them is some feat :)

This one is fairly predictable to be in the area, just not when

Well done, I've only ever seen them from a distance

You're lucky, for the past few years I've only ever heard them, heard another this morning in a different place.
This one is well known and doesn't mind people, you just have to be patient and wait
Thanks for dropping by ;)

Great shots, I find them so difficult to get close enough to for a shot....my bogey bird.

Great shots, I find them so difficult to get close enough to for a shot....my bogey bird.

Cheers Nigel, shame you are so far away, I could take you to where this one is

Back