Finding Assistants?

Edit My Images
No
Does anybody know of any sites where I can hire photographic assistants for the day? I know of sites like: Model Management, Purple Port, Model Mayhem and the like, but these are only for hiring models, actors, photographers etc and don't have a section for assistants.

Only needed for basic stuff like making sure light stands with modifiers don't blow over in the wind during shoot, the sort of thing any passer-by could do.

Just need to find local people near me in Cambridge that would be happy to assist for an hour or two whenever I do location photography.

I would ask on here, I'm sure someone would be up for that to gain experience so there would be minimal cost..............tea & a biscuit?

This is the business thread to ask on;

Ask here

Last edited:
I suggest you think this through a bit more.
What you need to do is train someone up over time, to be more useful as an assistant. A good assistant will more than earn their keep. and should eventually be a paying asset to your business. rather than just a casual dogs body with no real ability or interest. That way it is an opportunity for both of you.

Back