Fine ARTchitecture *Pickled

Beautifully sharp! Do you use a yellow/red filter to get the black sky?

Sharding...

40ca820914bf0b45079a2eab19cb3b66

The challenge is to differentiate between a record shot and a piece of art and, having looked at all the images presented, the one outstanding for me is the one looking up at the shard.

Last edited:

Oh boy, did I have a good time looking at your stuff, man! (y)(y)(y)

Great stuff, very much my sort of thing..

Wouldn't have expected modern architecture in Malta - had it in my head that it would all be older stuff there - shows how much I know !

Still using the X-T10 ? I am stuck between a X-T20 and an X100T at the moment as I mostly without a camera - a bit concerned that the X100T wouldn't be wide enough for me though...

Great stuff, very much my sort of thing..

Wouldn't have expected modern architecture in Malta - had it in my head that it would all be older stuff there - shows how much I know !

Still using the X-T10 ? I am stuck between a X-T20 and an X100T at the moment as I mostly without a camera - a bit concerned that the X100T wouldn't be wide enough for me though...

It's pretty much the only "modern" (at least in a "wall-street" sense) building I came across and like you I was surprised to see it - Malta is beautiful though and I cannot wait to go back.

Yep, still with the X-T10 - I have contemplated trading it for an X-T20 just to get the extra mp for some bigger prints i'd like to do for the house in the future, but as yet I haven't pulled the trigger - it's just one of those camera that I love using!

I like this style of processing. Striking images, are there any tutorials on post processing involved in this style? I take it they are long exposure too with the blurred clouds?

Any info greatly appreciated. I'm just (re) starting my interest in photography and looking at the styles i like, this being one. Thanks

@wez130 - essentially yes, they are long exposures to get the movement in the clouds, although on a couple it was too still a day to get much cloud movement without having to expose for hours, so they've had a bit of help with photoshop! The one from Malta is a blend of 2 exposures, one long and one "normal" so that the cloud reflections are still, but the clouds in the sky have movement.

I tend to create selections in photoshop so I can have some fine adjustment over different sections of the buildings using camera raw or use silver fx to process parts of the buildings without affecting the sky.

If you google fine art architecture photography you'll find a couple of good tutorials.

It's a "style" of photography I really enjoy and one I am still very much developing my skills in!

@wez130 - essentially yes, they are long exposures to get the movement in the clouds, although on a couple it was too still a day to get much cloud movement without having to expose for hours, so they've had a bit of help with photoshop! The one from Malta is a blend of 2 exposures, one long and one "normal" so that the cloud reflections are still, but the clouds in the sky have movement.

I tend to create selections in photoshop so I can have some fine adjustment over different sections of the buildings using camera raw or use silver fx to process parts of the buildings without affecting the sky.

If you google fine art architecture photography you'll find a couple of good tutorials.

It's a "style" of photography I really enjoy and one I am still very much developing my skills in!

Thanks, i'll look more into this :)

A few to add as I get them processed from Sweden...

The Elite Hotel Academia in Uppsala...
v2

Looks far too odd to me, the sky is dark and has a long exposure effect in the clouds yet the window reflections are bright and have nice fluffy clouds.

and Ash rides again! (y)(y)(y)

Why did you leave the TRH corner?

Last edited:
Back