Fire-bellied toads

Edit My Images
Yes
They had a couple of these little guys in the lab the other day so I took a few snaps as I thought they were pretty cool. Turned out alright considering they were shot through some really nasty scratched and dirty perspex.

95166774a0db7bcc.jpg

efe7866ec468f17a.jpg

Fire_bellied_III_by_HairyToes.jpg

excellent shots, especially #2, DOF is spot on for me.

Are they poisonous? and can i ask why you had them in a lab (dont worry, i'm just curious, not an activist or anything)?

I don't think they're super-duper poisonous, but I probably wouldn't try munching on one! I'm doing an MSc in Biological Photography at the minute, and the department has a few oddballs which it keeps. These two are essentially pets, they don't get experimented on or anything.

I used to keep some of these as pets :) Lovely little things, though escape artists at times :LOL:

Great set of shots, you nailed the colour and sharpness (y)

I used to keep some of these as pets :) Lovely little things, though escape artists at times :LOL:

Great set of shots, you nailed the colour and sharpness (y)

Wow! you can keep these as pets? COOL!!!!! :eek:

lovely little things, colours are amazing!

(oh, sorry, they are great shots! :embarrassed:)

Great toads, I used to keep and have bred these quite a few years ago now, thanks for the memory jog, lovely shots too (y)

I especially like the second one, although despite the good DOF on the single toad, can't help but wonder what it would look like if you could have got the DOF to get both toads nice and sharp.

Back