Fire Breathing

I quite like that shot Rob, looking forward to seeing some more.(y)

George.

That looks amazing.:)

Thank you for the comments! Will share some more as soon as I get the chance!

Cool!

There's something about that little bit that joins the pillars at the top of the frame that I find distracting. Easily removed, or burned....

Cool!

There's something about that little bit that joins the pillars at the top of the frame that I find distracting. Easily removed, or burned....

Thanks, I spotted that after I posted it, will sort soon :)

Love number two of the set, but that last one is Superb. Maybe a little straightening of the Columns , might be lens distortion.

Love number two of the set, but that last one is Superb. Maybe a little straightening of the Columns , might be lens distortion.

Thanks! Yes I shot using a wide angle so my verticals are a bit out! Probably need to spend a bit more time in post... :)

Initially I wanted to combine ambient, off camera flash & the fire but it was a nightmare due to the short flame/high shutter speed, think I need to look into flash with high speed sync!

I'm a complete newbie, but I love the whole concept of these images they're awesome!

I'm a complete newbie, but I love the whole concept of these images they're awesome!

Cheers! If you fancy trying it and I can help, or with any other questions about photography just ask, I'll see if I can help :)

Love this set! Did you have any trouble setting exposure?

Yes absolutely! Took quite a bit of practice but I'd been quite clear up front saying it was something I'd never done before. Also it was quite windy which caused safety issues for the fire. Think we plan to do some more work in the future, which will be good fun :)

Maybe its me, but I think the flash might take away from the images. Then again it might make the fire breather's lighting more natural, than lit buy the flames. have you tried to change the white balance and see if it makes any difference?

If he was aluminated by flash, that might tell a different story?

Back