Critique Fire Horse

Name
Edward
Edit My Images
Yes
When I learn photoshop better I will probably do these images in a different way. Soon I'll be buying two or three books. For this project I was just going through a tutorial. Not sure I learned much though :)

I'm quite happy without critique and if given I don't bite back! It's always helpful. At the moment I'm thinking the boot looks a little too yellow and I'm wondering about the white specks up the horse's neck. (He's called Harley and loves jumping if you're interested).

Fire Horse 1024.jpg

Looks pretty good given what you've said. The things that stick out to me are that the legs at the back aren't out of focus which is expect. Not massively maybe, but just a bit of blurring. Also you've not cut the back legs out cleanly enough so there's an orange halo around them. Not sure how you cut them out but using a layer mask a wacom would fix that easily

Not my thing Edward but I admire anyone who does this cut-out type of image ... marching ants give me the creeps! :D
The spots on the neck are very pronounced and I find myself wondering what they are and why they are there, also the bright yellow around the rider's foot/stirrup looks odd to me :)

I like the horse front legs they look like lava, I would say the face of the subject can do without the noise spots(maybe make the skin a bit more clear similar to the model in the video)

I like the horse front legs they look like lava, I would say the face of the subject can do without the noise spots(maybe make the skin a bit more clear similar to the model in the video)
Thank you for the comment - this is my wife and she smiled politely when I showed her this one :D. A good point you've made and I did wonder at the time whether I should have toned down the changes there. I wanted to keep some of the redness due to the heat implied but there's no need to add to the noise.

Back