First 2019 Milky Way

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
I was itching to get back to the night skies this year. As the galactic centre started to make an appearance in early February I planned a trip up to the mountains, took an overnight trip, left after work and arrived at my favourite mountain village at about 9pm to clear skies and prayed it would hold clear till the following morning. A 4.30 wake up call and walked out of the house up onto the ridge and the most stunning clear night skies I have seen.

These are my favourites from 90 minutes out under the stars before twilight. We then ducked back into the house for some tea before coming back out a little later to get ready for sunrise.

Taken in the mountains of Azerbaijan, Qiriz village in the Quba region, at 2200m, 13th Feb.

Processed in lightroom and a little in photoshop. I had it in mind to experiment with some longer exposures at low ISO, and take more images for stacking, but I was so excited with the spectacle I completely forgot!!

Canon 70D, Rokinon 10mm @f2.8, ISO 6400, 30 seconds

Constructive C&C welcome.

Thanks

Alan

An 8 shot pano shot in portrait over the village
qiriz panorama 1 by Alan, on Flickr

IMG_5135-Edit-1-Edit by Alan, on Flickr

I did take two images of this shot and did a (very) mini stack in Sequator for the sky and overlaid the foreground in photoshop. I was pleasantly surprised with the improvement in foreground noise just by overlaying 2 images at 50% opacity and think the overall image does look better from a noise point of view. I need to try this stacking more often.
IMG_5151-Edit by Alan, on Flickr

Nicely done, I'm still waiting for my first this year lol.

Back