First abstract (post production)

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
Good morning all,

I have had a go at an abstract that was made in post production, thoughts would be muchly appreciated.

8dc8b7386174332c8c81c6611b856886

I think that this is more like a painting by an impressionist than an abstract image and, as such, is to be commended.

that's what I felt and its what I like about these type of shots. So was this in-camera movement plus processing or was it a standard shot you then manipulated? In either case, got any tips? I accidentally took a belter of a shot of some grass when I pressed the shutter without realising (colours just came out perfectly) and so I want to do more of this but maybe in a more controlled way!

Thank you everyone.

Ian, I stumbled across this website, http://andrewsgray.photography/, and there was a little YouTube clip of what he does and I basically followed that.

Love it. This suggests heat haze over a lake with a range of trees in the BG.

Rob

Thanks Rob, it's actually a shot of Kimmeridge Bay looking from Clavells Tower towards Weymouth.

He came up on my feed yesterday too but I didn't have time to check him out. I will now. I look forward to seeing more of these type shots from you

Thanks Ian, it was more of a "what can I do with a c~#p photo and waste some time" than a definate plan to create something from scratch. As the result came out well it's defiantely something that I'd like to explore more.

I like the colours and shapes, but would like more visual information to help me process the image.

I have a friend who paints seascapes in a similar style to this, I do struggle to get my head around them but I do like the effect maybe it is because as ancient_mariner noted I need more info to process the image?

Back