First Airshow - Farnborough on Sunday

C&C

Name
Conrad
Edit My Images
Yes
Apart from taking a couple of shots at a Red Bull Air Race 11 years ago, this was my first attempt at getting some photos from an airshow.

It was also my first try at using a gimbal head on a tripod (Wimberley mark 1 bought from Wezza13 on here a couple of weeks ago via the classified section - thanks Wez).
All were shot using the head on a Redsnapper tripod with Canon 5D mark 3 and Sigma 120-300 f2.8 DG. The last one with the Sigma 1.4x converter added.
I really like the gimbal head by the way - so much easier than a ball head.

Before going, I read several threads on the forum, so tried to use slower shutter speeds for prop blur and higher for jets.
Exif details are on the linked FlickR images.
Rest of the pics are in the FlickR album here.

Any comments and advice very welcome.

3O2A4315 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

3O2A4410 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

3O2A4501 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

3O2A4609_2 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

3O2A4920 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

3O2A5167 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

3O2A5277 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

3O2A5612 by conradsphotos, on Flickr

You did better than I did :coat:

Some really nice images there; also good to see that the selective shutter speed has nice prop blur.
It might be my iPad (work viewing), but many images appear to have a slight magenta influence, easily sorted in WB

Some really nice images there; also good to see that the selective shutter speed has nice prop blur.
It might be my iPad (work viewing), but many images appear to have a slight magenta influence, easily sorted in WB

Thanks - I was pretty happy with them as a first go - great advice from this forum re. the shutter speeds for prop planes - I think the last is my favourite.

Agree entirely re. the magenta cast on some of them - will re-do the white balance for those!

Really nice set, the biplanes are my favourites

Back