First Airshow inc Red arrows

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Went down to bournemouth on Saturday for my first air show. And must say the Red Arrows were amazing. RIP Jon Egging :crying:

6066315488_ac4bed89df_z.jpg

6065863495_0f0895e045_z.jpg

6065864675_472c3da983_z.jpg

6066495296_a2fb7b69ff_z.jpg

6066496482_d32368d6f8_z.jpg

C+C Welcome Thanks

The direction of the light really helps those vapor trails stand out, lovely set.

1 is a belter......... Beautiful light and angle.

(Other's are not too bad either! - slightly slower shutter speed on the biplanes - to give some prop blur........ ) (y)

Personally I don't think it appropriate to show these pics as a mark of respect to the pilot who died his family and friends.

Bill

Personally I don't think it appropriate to show these pics as a mark of respect to the pilot who died his family and friends.

Bill

Bill and all others,

Lets not start a 'Holier that thou' moralistic slanging match. These are my views, not those of my employer. Eggman died doing something that he loved, something that involves putting the RAF in the spotlight - that means photos are taken and published. You should all embrace these images as a reminder of what the finest aerobatic team in the world look like at their best.

Regards,

Cheesy

:plus1:

"Eggman died doing something that he loved, something that involves putting the RAF in the spotlight - that means photos are taken and published. You should all embrace these images as a reminder of what the finest aerobatic team in the world look like at their best." ---- The most sensible post I have read on TP today

Last edited:
Love that first shot, i saw the reds at southend airshow this year was the first time i'd seen them in about 15 years and it was the first time my sons had ever seen them they loved them and begged me to take them to another airshow this year to see them again so i said id take them to duxford in september. Hopefully the reds will be back flying soon although it would be hard to forget the devastating accident this weekend.

Cheesy is that correct that the whole of the hawk fleet has been grounded

lovely shots bud, that first one is a belter, the light the angle all works so well, cracking effort, RIP though to Eggman, he died doing something he truely loved, and it was such a shame they couldn't fly on sunday as a tribute, but i guess safety has to come first in this sorta situation, but no really like the pics bud :)

:plus1:

"Eggman died doing something that he loved, something that involves putting the RAF in the spotlight - that means photos are taken and published. You should all embrace these images as a reminder of what the finest aerobatic team in the world look like at their best." ---- The most sensible post I have read on TP today

Hear, hear - this is his legacy, after all. It is a very sad day indeed, however we should continue to fully support the Red Arrows however we can, in this instance, via photography. I know its corny, but I am sure that, given the option, every single one of the pilots will want the Arrows to continue on - they are, after all, the best in the world, and richly deserve that accolade.

I saw them perform at Eastbourne only last week - cant believe this has happened. Even though I did not know him, I feel a sense of loss. My very sincere condolences to his family and friends who must be going through an awful time.

Good set, some maybe a little dark ?

Number 1 has lovely lighting on the smoke trails....

You might want to think about using a slower shutter speed on the prop planes to blur these out....

Like #3 personally.

Doesnt look like the ambient light was all that great on the day.

Cheesy said:
Bill and all others,

Lets not start a 'Holier that thou' moralistic slanging match. These are my views, not those of my employer. Eggman died doing something that he loved, something that involves putting the RAF in the spotlight - that means photos are taken and published. You should all embrace these images as a reminder of what the finest aerobatic team in the world look like at their best.

Regards,

Cheesy

Couldn't agree more....well said

Nice set do like pics 1, 3, and 5. But do agree about the prop blur

Bill and all others,

Regards,

Cheesy

Well said

Cheesy is that correct that the whole of the hawk fleet has been grounded

Only the T1 hawks are grounded till they find out what went wrong. Hopefully the reds will be back.

And my respect and condolances to Eggman, his family and friends.

Surely with that logic, no aircraft type that has ever been involved in a crash should ever be photographed again as respect to the people that died...

:bonk:

The guy was proud as punch to be a Red, and would want everyone to continue supporting them, be that by watching them or photographing them.

I think the complete opposite and think we should show as many pictures as possible, especially of Jon's aircraft as a mark of respect to his hard work and dedication to entertain thousands of people around the world.

Back to the photos, 1 and 3 really stand out for me, the light is great and adds a real atmosphere to the shots.

Bill

Number 1 and 3 for me... excellent tones composition.

RIP Jon Egging, clearly a man with a great talent who was sadly taken from us doing what he does best, entertaining thousands and promoting the RAF in the unique way that the Red Arrows can. I'd rather see him remembered by photos such as these than incomplete news reports!

#1 and #3 (think its especially nice as tribute showing all 3 famous colours they use) are my fav shots, great work.

Agree with cheesy, the Red Arrows are great group of dedicated pilots that make me proud to be British and the more pictures i see the better. I saw them last year at Silverstone F1 and they were amazing, was so proud watching them :) Nice tribute great work

RIP Eggman

Last edited:
The first pic is superb mate. Saw the reds at RAF Fairford and RAF Cosford earlier in the year, and they were superb. RIP Jon Egging.

#1 ..superb

I've never seen the Red Arrows perform - but did see a TV documentary about when they visited the States ...IIRC

the US pilots [who exhibited mostly impressive fast fly-bys], were absolutely gob-smacked by the RA tight formation display

Made me proud..:D

Back