Critique First attempt at a landscape

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

It's been a long while since I've posted anything here. This is my first real attempt at a landscape shot, the lighting fell quite nicely at the time so I took a quick snap and got the photo below, would love to hear your thoughts and any feedback.

Many thanks,
James

Hardwick Hall Meadow by james.b142, on Flickr

Last edited:
Looks pleasing enough to me James. Especially for a first attempt :). Personally I would brighten it up a touch, perhaps raise just the highlights to add a bit of defined separation between the highlights and the shadows. I may have boosted the contrast in the clouds too to give them a little bit more depth. Just my 2p's worth though :)

I would have to disagree with the lighting falling nicely as the shot is very unevenly lit which sometimes can be beneficial but here detracts from the image

The scene doesn't really hold any interest for me

Looks promising, James. You've been thinking about how everything looked in the frame.

Nice to get the sun moving across the scene. I'm wondering how it would have looked if the direct sun had hit the tree with just about everything else in shadow. It looks like the tree was in shadow? In software you could make shadows even darker. As is often the case, B&W can also be an option.

More than anything else, it's good to get out there and keep trying.
:)

Back