First Attempt at Double Processing

Name
Lorraine
Edit My Images
Yes
Apologies if the is the wrong forum, but I checked in the processing section and couldn't see anything similar posted.

Well, I've had PSE for ages now and pretty much all I've done with it so far is some cloning (I usually use LR for raw processing). So I thought it was time to try something a bit more ambitious and I found a shot taken at sunset last summer which had come out very dark as the camera exposed for the sky. Here's my attempt at making it look better, plus the sooc shot for comparison. I think I ma have left the clouds a bit too dark - any comments welcome :)

edit

View attachment 31364

SOOC

View attachment 31365

Thanks

Was that done in PS? Wouldn't it have been best to do this LR at the RAW stage?

Looks like you've managed to control noise well in the shadows, which is usually the result of recovering so much shadow detail. Hard to tell at that size though.. but looks clean.

Was that done in PS? Wouldn't it have been best to do this LR at the RAW stage?

Looks like you've managed to control noise well in the shadows, which is usually the result of recovering so much shadow detail. Hard to tell at that size though.. but looks clean.

Thank you. Yes, it was done in PSE. Up to now I've used LR, but I wanted to try this in PSE because I've barely used it and I wanted to learn a bit more about what it does - I thought this would be a good start with layers. I'm glad the edit doesn't look too noisy :)

Back