First attempt at HDR on 600D

Name
Bryan
Edit My Images
Yes
First attempt at HDR photography using my new camera, look forward to the comments :)

1237582_204106713099182_1428860608_n.jpg

First attempt at HDR photography using my new camera, look forward to the comments :)

1237582_204106713099182_1428860608_n.jpg

This is HDR in a bad way!:eek:

Sorry but it's way too overdone,you have massive amounts of Haloing big white bands all around the trees.

I am assuming you have used an HDR programme and just let it do it's stuff!:thinking:

The presets tend to overcook things!(y)

Photomatix has some presets that aren't too bad,How many bracketed shots did you use and what ev were they were apart!

Sorry to be harsh but I couldn't lie!(y)

Dont be sorry, I appreciate all the feedback :)

It was approx 2 ev apart over 3 image (AEB). I used CS6 and used the HDR tool built in then used the preset surreal which upon refelection, probably wasn't my brightest idea :p

Bry

I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Simon : it's "overcooked" quite a lot.

Having said that, I don't think it will be too difficult to correct things.

Dont be sorry, I appreciate all the feedback :)

It was approx 2 ev apart over 3 image (AEB). I used CS6 and used the HDR tool built in then used the preset surreal which upon refelection, probably wasn't my brightest idea :p

Bry

3 images 2 ev apart should yeild OK results!(y)

Have a look at photomatix,I think you can download a free trial!:thinking:

It has some reasonable presets to get you going but also gives you the option of full control once you get used to it!

The cartoony affect can work with some subjects but if you are using it to extend the dynamic range then in my opinion you need to keep thing lookins as natural as possible!

I prefer filters to HDR but have used it in the past!

There is a sunset bales shot on my Flickr that is HDR.

Cheers everyone :)

Time to take a look at photomatrix I reckon :)

Bry

I have to agree with everyone and say the image is definitely overcooked.

I actually watched this yesterday, well worth the time. It will show you how it should be done.

Back