First attempt at Macro

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, new here and new to photography. I've finally got round to trying that strange macro button on my camera. The shot is of a tree branch with green fungus growing on it. It was in twilight so I used the flash. I just used the preset settings on the camera, so what could a clueless newbie have done to improve the shot.

DSC01925.jpg

After looking at the other shots in this section (there are some amazing photo's).... i'm a bit embarassed to have posted this one....not close enough, not clear enough and not enough detail. Oh well suppose I had to start with something.

After looking at the other shots in this section (there are some amazing photo's).... i'm a bit embarassed to have posted this one....not close enough, not clear enough and not enough detail. Oh well suppose I had to start with something.

dan you post you learn you post better somone comes along in six months and says the same thing looking at one of your shots thats life..

keep posting and improving..
if you look at a post and think hell thats good ill never be that good they have been doing it longer that you " trust me"

just imo

md(y)

Agree. Keep at it. Shows you are thinking about composition etc.(y)

Dan,
Macro?....technically, no. 1st attempt ?......brilliant.

No, the shot's not brilliant....just the fact that you've posted it and are looking for criticism (and advice maybe?). Tell us what it was shot with and I'm sure you'll get advice on which direction to take so that you can expand in this area....if you want to.

Post another one soon.

Bob

Nice shot of green lichen, great start and keep posting. welcome to the forum ;)

Dan,
Macro?....technically, no. 1st attempt ?......brilliant.

No, the shot's not brilliant....just the fact that you've posted it and are looking for criticism (and advice maybe?). Tell us what it was shot with and I'm sure you'll get advice on which direction to take so that you can expand in this area....if you want to.

Post another one soon.

Bob

It's just a compact point n' click (although a decent one I hope)

Sony Cybershot T100

1st one is not bad - the macro function on that type of camera isn't true macro - it just enables you get decent focus at a shorter distance than would otherwise be the case (or at least, that's as I understand it). I like the composition and the idea has been pretty well executed.

TBH, the 2nd one is not so good - its not really clear what the point of the photo was and its all a bit messy.

Don't be discouraged - just keep going :)

I think theyre really good! esp as with a point and shoot you're more limited with settings etc :)

Back