Beginner First attempt at macro

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys

never really post but had a go at macro the other day and thought I'd share my poor attempt :)

It looks a little over processed in my mind but has had minimal done to it other than a bit of sharpening and contrast / brightness

Comments welcome, oh and I don't know how to post the pic in the thread sorry

https://flic.kr/p/AAkgs2

thought I'd share my poor attempt

I don't get false modesty!
This is a cool take and rendition!

See if you could learn how to post your pictures on your threads.

Bonsai%20Drip.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get false modesty!

I don't get lots of things :),

It's not false modesty, I just have doubts over the quality of my pictures as when I look at some of the images Around I think they're amazing and would love to be able to produce images of a similar quality.

Thanks for input though and glad you like it i think I had trouble posting the image as I was on my mobile so couldn't get the Bb code.

My only comments are could you get the shot with a lower ISO the image is a little noisy I like what you have done

regarding posting pictures its easy

to the right of your image on flickr are these 3 items...... click on the middle one share photo

Screenshot_3 by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

you will get this screen come up select "BBCode" at the top then copy the selected details and paste them into the body of your reply all the rest is done for you

Screenshot_2 by Barrie Woodward, on Flickr

Bonsai Drip macro by steve westbrooke, on Flickr

hey presto

Good take on a dew drop however: as said ,the images is noisy and a lower iso would have helped here

Les

Barrie thanks for the info re posting I thought that was it but wasn't sure on the size.

Thanks for the input, i was having a bit of an issue getting the shutter speed up to be able to catch the drip so had to ramp up the iso. Need to have another go but increase the lighting.

Cheers

Hi Chris

Cheers for the input, It was shot inside and I'm using whatever I have to hand, so a couple of high power bike lights to light the tree. Its great as I'm really learning about lighting and never really realised how much light you need to properly light a subject.

never thought about the crop may have a play and see if I can remove the background streak as well.

Steve regarding your lighting may I suggest you try flash next time this can be done fairly cheaply either buying a second hand unit or something like >>>This<<< you can have a look through the show us your macro rig thread in this section for cheap Pringle tin diffusers or buy something like >>>>>>This<<<<<< I use a similar flash and diffuser with my D750 only I have the yn568ex

Hi Barrie

Cheers for the links been thinking about a flash but if I'm honest, I'm a little put off as I just don't get how flashes work but do want to try one.

I was thinking about a cheap ring flash from Amazon, would you (or peeps) suggest a normal style flash like above over a ring flash?

Ta

If indoor and wanting to shoot drops - may I suggest using Glycerine. It is less drippy than water - meaning you can use a longer exposure to shoot.

If you want to light things then yes - a flash gun and some diffusion as suggested by Barrie - check out the contraptions in the equipment thread. Not sure what you linked to on Amazon - but be aware the ring flashes have a reputation of giving harsh shadows - though George @G.K.Jnr. has got good results with his diffused version in the thread. Flash guns are faily easy to use for macro - fairly much just attach and fire - it's just getting the diffusion right.

Back