First attempt at motor sport photo

Edit My Images
Yes
here is my first attempt at a rally photo
stuart.simpson.jpg

nice shot, but i would like to see a tighter crop as the background seems not blurred enough, to distracting, and doesn't display any speed.
stevannie

I like the way you have space to the left of the car, the suspension loaded on one side and eye contact with the co-driver. :)

I was going to say that it needs some motion blurring of the background. I like the space around the car, it needs somewhere to move into ;)

now we are talking, makes a nice shot, a great shot :thumb:

great shot.

Dont know why but something about that rear left wheel under the car is drawing my eye particularly on the later crops.

Obviously its there in the original, but somehow doesnt look "real" to me.

must be the way the light has reflected from the puddle on the tyre wall.

i like the original, blur the background a bit and its great for me,

try a slightly longer shutter speed next time you go, get the wheels moving a little, panning practice will get you perfect shots

agreed Matty, just what Chuckles and I discussed last night but it got too late to post :)

Matty said:
i like the original, blur the background a bit and its great for me,

try a slightly longer shutter speed next time you go, get the wheels moving a little, panning practice will get you perfect shots
Agreed, although that cars almost head on and turning into you so there's not much panning to do in that position. I think I'd have waited a second or two to get it almost side on if that would have been possible.

unfortunatly i was looking stright down to joining pieces of armco so panning wasn`t an option, thanks for all the responses i had a great day tok 369 photos lol now all i have to do is pick the good from the bad

Peterg984 said:
unfortunatly i was looking stright down to joining pieces of armco so panning wasn`t an option, thanks for all the responses i had a great day tok 369 photos lol now all i have to do is pick the good from the bad

thats half the fun, sorting the photos!:D

I think Motorsport is really hard to try & capture the essence of speed, especially when nearly straight on , as in this shot. Would be interested in seeing what people can achieve with Photoshop if you agree to donating your shot ? ;)

yeah i`ll put a link up to get the full size original as soon as my site will allow me to upload it

Peterg984 said:
yeah i`ll put a link up to get the full size original as soon as my site will allow me to upload it

go into your user cp and tick the Image editing allowed bit, you get the nice little logo under your name and we can play without having to ask too!:D

do a right click/save as Dave

I've already played with the version on here....just thought I'd try with the larger image ;)

I was playing with it too and then PS crashed and disappeared on me lol...maybe I should resize it first!

rough and ready choppery here

ohh looking good, i had a play but my hearts not in it today, will have another go when i feel less lazy!

OK, my attempt here. I went for the front curtain flash look, with the rear handbrake on ;)

72v3v1.jpg

...oh & here they are at the river crossing......they should wind their windows up you know ;)

72v3flood.jpg

your first go was pretty good Dave, just needs some blur on the wheels and then its pretty much there

Matty said:
your first go was pretty good Dave, just needs some blur on the wheels and then its pretty much there

Done ...updated original above

Peterg984 said:
that made my laugh, one day I`ll learn how to do things like that

Good to have a larf .....Not that hard really ....duplicate the layer.....then apply filter from here ....then erase back car to original shot :)

Back