1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't forget to change the clocks on your camera equipment!

Dismiss Notice
  3. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of a long-standing member, Just Dave.

Dave Barker was a member of Talk Photography for nearly 10 years, and was a prominent member for most of those.
    A very warm, friendly and enthusiastic member, he spent the largest portion of his time on TP welcoming and helping others.

I'm sure all visitors to this site will join us in thanking Dave for his unwavering support and being a large part of our community.
    Our thoughts are with his family and friends at such a difficult time.

Click here to join in the discussion

Dismiss Notice
  1. Craigus

Craigus

Name:
    Craig
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Went out to have a go at shooting the stars the other night, these are a couple of the better ones. With no real idea how these would come out I'm fairly happy for a first attempt.

These were all shot on a Canon 80D with the EF-S 10-18mm lens @10mm.

C&C welcome, my PP is a bit severe I suspect... on that note, any advice from people experienced in processing these types of shots would be much appreciated. I tried to push the third one a bit more hence it looking different, you can really see the effect of the high ISO in the blotchy colours.

[​IMG]
    50pc-0346
    by Craigus89, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    50pc-0325
    by Craigus89, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    50pc-0322
    by Craigus89, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

2. Gaz J

Gaz J

Name:
    Gary
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Well you're certainly in the ball park as far as exposure time is concerned. No trailing, bit of coma in the corners but that's normal for most lenses until they are stopped down a bit so nothing to worry about.

Processing is very much a personal thing, like it is with other aspects of photography so, rather than try and give you processing tips, have a look at this site.

http://www.lonelyspeck.com/

3. cjt2011

cjt2011

Name:
    Carl
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Fabulous shot

4. realspeed

realspeed

Name:
    Bazza
    Edit My Images:
    No
    They need despeckling, OOPs sorry those are the stars:banana::rolleyes::LOL:

5. bobjim

bobjim

Name:
    Rob
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    great shot, out of interest what was the white balance set to?

6. sk66

sk66

Name:
    Steven
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I think the next step would probably be to take multiple images and average them.

7. daguzo

daguzo

Name:
    Daniel
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Can you tell me where was this great shots taken?

8. PatrickO

PatrickO

Name:
    Patrick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Beautiful. Out of interest how do these compare to what you could see with the naked eye?