First Attempt - Indian Doorways

Edit My Images
No
All feedback appreciated - having had a look around the forum I'm at the bottom of a steep curve with lots to learn...

Doors by J1P5, on Flickr

I really like this, simple but very effective :).

Thats a lovely shot there. What equipment did you use to take it?

Don't think the door itself necessarily should be centralised in the photo but I would have liked to see the doors equalised in the 'through' shot, as it is there is a slight 'off-angle' looking through - having said that it demonstrates an eye for a photo.

intel86 said:
Thats a lovely shot there. What equipment did you use to take it?

My old Olympus C730 - hand held. I was away for work on a short trip without my DLSR and had the compact in my bag for snapshots. Planning to go for longer next year so will take my camera bag.

happygolucky said:
Just needs centralising to make it more symmetrical.

Thanks, I'll have another play with it. To be honest I quite liked it offset (and it helped me crop out a couple of locals who wanted to watch me) and was thinking that I might edit it and expand out to the left so I can use it as a background to a PowerPoint slide.

gramps said:
Don't think the door itself necessarily should be centralised in the photo but I would have liked to see the doors equalised in the 'through' shot, as it is there is a slight 'off-angle' looking through - having said that it demonstrates an eye for a photo.

I can see exactly what you mean. Next time I get that sort of a shot I'll be look more closely at the detail, cheers. As for the eye for a photo that's kind but it was a bit of a gift - turned a corner and there it was!

As for the eye for a photo that's kind but it was a bit of a gift - turned a corner and there it was!

Don't put yourself down, some would have walked through it looking for a snap! :D

Certainly does not need to be central, but I think there is a little tilt to it that could do with sorting out.

It quite a nice shot and good use of perspective.

Back