First attempt

Edit My Images
Yes
This was my first attempt at shooting the milkyway. I was a bit disappointed that the centre was too high to be captured in the same shot with the castle and then I found my torch wasn't powerful enough to let me get a focus on the castle, but after making the effort to leave my bed behind I thought I'd try anyway. So it was also my first attempt at blending two images in PS, with some of the less interesting sky removed. I found the first looked fine on my laptop but was then very dark when displayed on my phone, and I think I have over compensated with the second edit. I'm not too happy with the colour either. As it was my first stacked image, I didn't put any thought into the size while I was putting them together which has resulted in a non-standard print size. Are there any rules or tricks to keep in mind when stacking which will produce a standard size without having to crop?FB_IMG_1518273111914.jpgFB_IMG_1518272510094.jpgFB_IMG_1518272559516.jpg

Looks pretty good at this size! I can't see any artifact from the blending it is nicely done.
Milky way itself is very well done, not overdone just as i like it!

Composition wise, i don't think the very foreground had to the picture and specially having it light up is maybe not a good idea it catches the eye on a big of grass could almost crop it just above this.

Temperature is very subject to personal taste but i usually try not to have a sky which appear to black, a bit of colour in there is good. Not overkill really but a bit more blue and magenta.

Don't beat yourself up they are all look good to me.
Matt

Looks pretty good at this size! I can't see any artifact from the blending it is nicely done.
Milky way itself is very well done, not overdone just as i like it!

Composition wise, i don't think the very foreground had to the picture and specially having it light up is maybe not a good idea it catches the eye on a big of grass could almost crop it just above this.

Temperature is very subject to personal taste but i usually try not to have a sky which appear to black, a bit of colour in there is good. Not overkill really but a bit more blue and magenta.
Thanks for the suggestions :)

Back