First attempts at Macro flower

Name
Hannah
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey peeps,
these were my first experiments with the macro/close-up setting on my DSLR, using the kit lens...just thought i'd share and see if anyone had any useful tips for my next attempt :)
thanks!

lily12.jpg

lily221.jpg

They are very nice HanC, nice colours and an interesting flower!
For advise, maybe keep the background in the first photo bit plainer and if you tweak the curves a bit you could make the colours jump out more.
Very good attempts with the kit lens, if you like macro consider getting the extension tubes from jessops, a bargain for £22.49 :p

Very nice HanC, I personally like the 2nd one best but they are both lovely :)

Spot on, well done

yup - agreed - nice detail

the 2nd one does look a bit like a ..... well, I don't need to spell it out do I?

:coat:

yup - agreed - nice detail

the 2nd one does look a bit like a ..... well, I don't need to spell it out do I?

:coat:

Haha!! maybe thats just u and your dirty mind!! but i see what u mean..sort of

They are very nice HanC, nice colours and an interesting flower!
For advise, maybe keep the background in the first photo bit plainer and if you tweak the curves a bit you could make the colours jump out more.
Very good attempts with the kit lens, if you like macro consider getting the extension tubes from jessops, a bargain for £22.49 :p

iv just ordered some of the tubes! v exciting :) thanks for the comment and also thanks Techno Geek :D

First one's fine for an experiment, it's a bit "busy" if you know what I mean and the out of focus bud in front is distracting.

Second's better, pretty nice actually, but the black bit at the bottom and brown bit at the top don't add anything. Lilies are really difficult to get decent shots of using macro, they're just so lanky.

This isn't meant to be as negative as it sounds HanC. They're both actually very good for macro shots with the standard lens :)

First one's fine for an experiment, it's a bit "busy" if you know what I mean and the out of focus bud in front is distracting.

Second's better, pretty nice actually, but the black bit at the bottom and brown bit at the top don't add anything. Lilies are really difficult to get decent shots of using macro, they're just so lanky.

This isn't meant to be as negative as it sounds HanC. They're both actually very good for macro shots with the standard lens :)

No, totally appreciate the honesty and see what u mean! i need tips to improve so thanks for that :)

Any more for any more? :D:LOL:

Thanks for all the comments guys :) i have photoshop now, hooray! might hav a fiddle around with these images later if i can be bothered :p

Nice photos =) Which settings did you shoot it on your 350d by the way?

To be honest i just had it on the camera's "macro" setting which automatically selects the most appropriate settings i think.

Back