First Bird - Chaffinch

Edit My Images
Yes
My first attempt at anything smaller than a swan! Comments etc most welcome!

chaffinch.jpg

It was taken with my 70-200mm and was quite heavily cropped.

Thanks for looking!

Quite a nice shot for a first attempt, much better than my first attempts!

Looks like the tiniest bit of blur on the post the chaffinch is sitting on mind super tiny mind!
You could probally darken it down a bit, looks a tiniest bit too bright to me
(but too bright is fixable, too dark... you're screwed) so its all good
Nice shot all the same

Nicely done. The light is just too bright and contrasty, but that's not your fault. I had a quick go this morning and I was getting crazy fast shutter speeds which is good, but the shots were just too contrasty and I packed it in. I don't usually bother when it's like that, unless I can work in the shade. Bright, but slightly overcast is the best conditions I find.

Thanks guys! I'm humbled that you guys don't think it's utter tripe!! I felt bad moaning about it being too sunny this evening after the floods we've had the last few days, but you're right!

Looking at the beak shadow, the sun seems right overhead around midday which is just about as bad as it gets. On really sunny days, you stand a chance early morning and in the late afternoon when the sun is lower in the sky, otherwise don't bother. Unless there's an Osprey on your feeder of course! :D

It was actually taken at 18.30 but it does look like that from the shadow! Weird! It definately wasn't earlier.. i was stuck in the office then!

maybe because the bird has its head facing down ?

I still can't get my head round discussing small birds with John Locke....

Strange things happen on this island. ;)

Back