Beginner First BSB photos from Brands Hatch

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Got there a little late and missed the first BSB practise. Weather held off till about 3pm when it started raining.

All taken on my D7200 and 18-300 lens. Have to say, wow there's some big old lens there LOL, definitely some glass envy from me :D.

Don't think I did too bad, took about 900 photos, and 11 have been processed haha. Lots to learn, definitely need a monopod for panning. Lens seems pretty good for what it is.

Critique and advise very welcome :) Excuse the bald head in the first shot, I'm not very good at photoshop and couldn't clean it up.

DSC_0352
by AndyThilo, on Flickr

DSC_0379
by AndyThilo, on Flickr

DSC_0391
by AndyThilo, on Flickr

DSC_0400
by AndyThilo, on Flickr

DSC_0467
by AndyThilo, on Flickr

DSC_0479
by AndyThilo, on Flickr

DSC_0623
by AndyThilo, on Flickr

DSC_0870
by AndyThilo, on Flickr

Last edited:
Sorry screwed up threads, resized the photos but duplicated the last 2 pictures :(. Can the 2nd thread be deleted?

Hi Andy, looks like you had a good day, hope you enjoyed your first visit, you've got a good variety of shots and at least it was dry for the superbikes.
You asked for critique so just my thoughts:
#1 think this shot would work better if you could see more of the rider, difficult when bike is leaning away from you.
#2 good sharpness and exposure but the background is messy and you've chopped off bits of the wheels
#3 I like this, good panning technique, bike is nice and sharp and good background blur. Bike is also nicely positioned in the frame.
The next three also show good technique.
#7 this doesn't really work for me, looks like you've got a bit of camera shake 1/80th is slow for this type of shot, bike is also a bit lost in the frame.
#8 this is another I really like, good panning again and I like the composition.
Hope my comments haven't come across as harsh, there is definitely positives here. Others will have their own opinions.
(Useful to number your shots when you post them, makes it easier for crit)
Neil

Thanks for the comments Neil. I've added numbers to photos as suggested and will for future posts. Didn't think your comments were harsh at all, appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts :)

Cheers

Andy

Back