First couple of 2017 - Edinburgh

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
A couple from me! Managed to get out quite a lot of the Festive period. I'd been meaning to get a few long exposure shots of the Star Flyer ride at the Christmas Market and finally managed it this year.

1. Star Flyer & Scott Monument

20170107 - Star Flyer and Scott Monument - Final Night by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

2. Star Flyer & Scott Monument from the Gardens

20170104 - Star Flyer and Scott Monument by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

3. Edinburgh from Calton Hill

20170102 - Edinburgh from Calton Hill (B&W) by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

The colours and separation of the flyer and the monument in #2 are doing it best for me. The first one is a bit overlapped for my taste and doesn't work so well. The third one is unusual as there are loads of lights, but the sky still looks light as well. The big building (St Andrew's House?) at bottom left is just too big for the overall feel of the photo and I'd be tempted to crop most of it out.

The colours and separation of the flyer and the monument in #2 are doing it best for me. The first one is a bit overlapped for my taste and doesn't work so well. The third one is unusual as there are loads of lights, but the sky still looks light as well. The big building (St Andrew's House?) at bottom left is just too big for the overall feel of the photo and I'd be tempted to crop most of it out.

Peter, do you like this better?

Edinburgh City by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr

Hi Chris

Scrolling down on the original got me to a "best" composition when the single top floor light in St Andrews House and some of the next floor down was just visible along with the tops of the trees to "bottom out" the composition. I like your panorama version above, but I'd be happy to have an in-between version as well. (y)

Well sorry to go against everyone here but I prefered number 1 image. I thought it's pov is fab. Number 3 was fine as it was too. For me anyway.

Gaz

love the original B&W shot, but the colour one's really attract the eye. The second especially.
NIce work

Back