Beginner First couple of landscape trips

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
So i have recently had chance to try my hand at landscapes. I have had 2 trips in the last couple of weeks, one to Rutland Water and one to the Peak District. I'll start with rutland and then peaks. Crit would be much appreciated as I found it quite hard to get a shot that I was happy with.

1.Normanton Church2 by adamtudor88, on Flickr

2.Normanton Church1 by adamtudor88, on Flickr
_MG_3521.jpg by adamtudor88, on Flickr
_MG_3354.jpg by adamtudor88, on Flickr
Normanton Church.jpg by adamtudor88, on Flickr

Thoughts?

Any feedback will be much appreciated

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
I love the light on the second shot but not keen on the crop. I'm in the same boat as you and I'm new to landscape so can't offer much advice, I would possibly revisit during different conditions and experiment!

Yeah wasn't happy with the crop myself but there were some people to the right of the shot that made it look worse without cropping. Thanks for your feedback

Number 2 of the church is pick of the bunch for me. Great colours. Would be improved i think if there was a touch more space bottom and right hand side.
I also really like shot ~4 and feel maybe a touch of anti clockwise rotation may improve the horizon.

Good shots.

Yeah I knew my composition needs improving when I was editing. Did start trying to straighten them but not sure why I haven't done them all... rookie mistake :) cheers guys. Will take it in for next time

Back