First couples shoot since September

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21335

Yep, it's been a few months since I have shot a wedding or couple on my own. Impromptu shoot with Tom and Claire when we had a little snow one evening. With them getting engaged at Christmas, we waited for the snow to arrive. I think I definitely have a few posing issues again here that need addressing. Being out of practice doesn't help there but I absolutely need to work on it.

http://www.garethmorton.com/blog1/tomandclaire-engagement-film-contax645-kodak

Would like to know your thoughts of course as always.

Tom+%26+Claire-15.jpg

Tom+%26+Claire-21.jpg

Tom+%26+Claire-22.jpg

Thanks for looking. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them and the snow helps a lot.

Difficult to pick a fav but I really like the first one as her eye draw me in and I love the perspective and texture of the trees in the 3rd, I'm sure they will love them.

Nothing wrong with any of them AFAIC except 4th from last on the blog (portrait format, above the one of them walking towards you). Your viewpoint's slightly too high, but the main problem with it is the unnatural pose. He's too squashed up for that to work with the height difference: the way he's slightly bent over her just emphasises it.

Last edited:
Well done dude. Right on form as always.

I like them and the snow helps a lot.

Difficult to pick a fav but I really like the first one as her eye draw me in and I love the perspective and texture of the trees in the 3rd, I'm sure they will love them.

Thank you. :)

Nothing wrong with any of them AFAIC except 4th from last on the blog (portrait format, above the one of them walking towards you). Your viewpoint's slightly too high, but the main problem with it is the unnatural pose. He's too squashed up for that to work with the height difference: the way he's slightly bent over her just emphasises it.

Thanks Dan. I see what you mean. I think I'm a little out of practice with posing extra but hoping to improve as always. He's a lot taller than her (and me) so trying to think of things for the wedding.

I really like them

Thank you, Manda. They still don't have the polished feel of yours though.

Nice set, my biggest gripe is in no1 where his face is out of focus it does not work for me. but that's just me.

Thanks for commenting. The shallow DOF is what I like about that shot but understand not everyone will agree.

Well done dude. Right on form as always.

Thank you, Bethy. :) different approach with these with regards to shooting so glad they seem ok.

love the film aesthetic. particularly #1, the colours are wonderful.

love the film aesthetic. particularly #1, the colours are wonderful.

Thank you. I was actually thinking about your work the other day and that we haven't seen it for ages. Hope you're well.

These are perfectly acceptable. The focusing on the first is excellent and the walk is just right too. Perhaps the third might be best in portrait mode but that's more personal opinion.

Only played this game once and next time I will want more shots of both of them looking at the camera. While many shots were liked, the ones they, their parents and I chose were nearly all when both were looking at the camera.

A pleasant trio of photographs.

These are perfectly acceptable. The focusing on the first is excellent and the walk is just right too. Perhaps the third might be best in portrait mode but that's more personal opinion.

Only played this game once and next time I will want more shots of both of them looking at the camera. While many shots were liked, the ones they, their parents and I chose were nearly all when both were looking at the camera.

A pleasant trio of photographs.

Thank you. You should see the full blog post for variations. They preferred the ones where they weren't looking at the camera in this case and to be honest, so do I. That's what I strive to achieve. Natural, genuine, candid moments.

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have had a lot going on recently personally and things have taken a back seat.

Back