First Damsels

Great to see these back, I must look at my locals, I checked on Sunday but none to be seen.

A cracking set, the first is my pick of the bunch but personally, I'd pull the exposure back on it just a little. Still a lovely shot though, hoping mine are about this weekend.

Great to see these back, I must look at my locals, I checked on Sunday but none to be seen.

A cracking set, the first is my pick of the bunch but personally, I'd pull the exposure back on it just a little. Still a lovely shot though, hoping mine are about this weekend.
Cheers Dale, I'm really hoping to catch an emergence this year and do a sequence of it if I can. These are as close as I have ever gotten and I reckon I was about 6-7 hours too late. I was on the fence with the first shot as I had edited a version which was a little less bright but I opted for the bright one, perhaps this one was the better choice?
Untitled4v2.jpg

I like them all as they are, they are beautifully presented. The exposure on the first might be a bit subjective on my part. I'm wondering what the background is on the first and last image? It's very clean.

Mind me asking what kit you're using?

Good luck with the emergence, something I'm yet to get, or even see.

Wonderful pictures!
Thanks Danny
I like them all as they are, they are beautifully presented. The exposure on the first might be a bit subjective on my part. I'm wondering what the background is on the first and last image? It's very clean.

Mind me asking what kit you're using?
Thanks, the first was shot with water behind the damsel. The grey colour is probably the very overcast day reflected in it. For the kit its a Canon 600d with a sigma 150mm and a yn24ex twinflash w/ some 3d printed diffusers off of ebay. Ditto on the emergence, every year I proclaim to the missus this is the year but I always miss it.

Thanks Danny

Thanks, the first was shot with water behind the damsel. The grey colour is probably the very overcast day reflected in it. For the kit its a Canon 600d with a sigma 150mm and a yn24ex twinflash w/ some 3d printed diffusers off of ebay. Ditto on the emergence, every year I proclaim to the missus this is the year but I always miss it.

awesome, thanks for the info!

That's a lovely set and some very nice macro shots of the eyes [emoji102].
Im very surprised that i have not seen them yet as im in a warmer climate than you guys not that there's much sun this year yet, probably why I've not seen any.
Ps, get out in the morning if you can for the emergence.

That's a lovely set and some very nice macro shots of the eyes
emoji102.png
Im very surprised that i have not seen them yet as im in a warmer climate than you guys not that there's much sun this year yet, probably why I've not seen any.
Ps, get out in the morning if you can for the emergence.
Cheers Graham, shouldn't be long for you now although I agree its a bit odd for us to get them first. Then again for all I know the ones that came out on Tuesday could have just been killed off by the miserable cold rainy day we had yesterday. I had planned to go out again this morning and see but got called into work.
You got some cracking shot there
great shots
Thanks guys!:)

Maybe they are out but like the uk, it's been pants here too and way too much wind, a reason i don't want to go out looking.

Very nice! I'm hoping to catch some at my local spot

Back