First Dance

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
It's been a while since I've posted in here, but here's a recent image from a wedding I covered in France.

CHRISMEG.jpg

Ben, you're the man!

Ooooooh nicely done

Brilliant!
That's pretty damn special Ben.
yep, that's lovely (y)

Ben, you're the man!
Love that mood. Excellent job.
That is superb. You should be very pleased with yourself.
Brilliant shot. Natural light at it's best. No flash in sight.
a moment suspended in time :D quite surreal even

Thanks everyone! Really appreciate the comments.

Very cool - but definitely a photographers' picture.

Expand Dan. The couple absolutely loved this shot.

Rather reminds me a famous wilderbeast photograph, of them massing to cross a crocodile infested river.

Link?

This is awesome Ben! It's daring, that's for sure and it's properly kick-ass IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very cool - but definitely a photographers' picture.
I sort of get this, its a great image and super that the couple loved it but I can just imagine so many other people saying "its a bit dark isnt it, did he have no flash" and by other people I mean Joe Bloggs who has no idea.

As above. I love it, but my Mrs stared at it with a puzzled look for a minute.

Expand Dan. The couple absolutely loved this shot.

Of course the couple absolutely loved this shot, Ben! Why would they not absolutely love this shot? It's them, on their wedding day ffs. It takes them back to that moment etc etc etc.

Sure, some brides will like it, but a lot of potential customers looking at that picture won't, simply because at least one of their faces isn't at least partly visible.

I'm totally fine with the fact that you like it, they like it, anybody likes it, and for that matter with you feeling that it'll attract the punters you want. As I said, it's a very cool shot. But IMO it's actually a near miss, and I wouldn't use it online.

Its a great picture for sure, but, I feel my eyes being drawn to the people watching in the background. If the couple had a touch of rim lighting to separate them slightly for example I would think my eyes would remain on the foreground.

Saw this on FB, great shot. I chicken out of these images. Need to be a bit braver and go with it. I would have lightened the couple more and then lost its impact.

great stuff

Of course the couple absolutely loved this shot, Ben! Why would they not absolutely love this shot? It's them, on their wedding day ffs. It takes them back to that moment etc etc etc.

Sure, some brides will like it, but a lot of potential customers looking at that picture won't, simply because at least one of their faces isn't at least partly visible.

I'm totally fine with the fact that you like it, they like it, anybody likes it, and for that matter with you feeling that it'll attract the punters you want. As I said, it's a very cool shot. But IMO it's actually a near miss, and I wouldn't use it online.

I love it. I get the impression that people are getting more photography-literate; there's so much out there now that non-photographers are starting to notice things which are a bit different. Though I'm not trying to run a business at the same time as educate the great unwashed!

I saw this on Facebook Ben, loved it there and love it here

I saw that :) Cheers Hugh!

This is awesome Ben! It's daring, that's for sure and it's properly kick-ass IMO.

Thanks dude.

Cool shot. Thanks for sharing!

I sort of get this, its a great image and super that the couple loved it but I can just imagine so many other people saying "its a bit dark isnt it, did he have no flash" and by other people I mean Joe Bloggs who has no idea.

Yeah, they are definitely not the couple for me.

Yup, I think that's the crux of the matter. Facebook brides will probably look at it and wonder wtf is going on whereas Ben's target market will lap it up.

Exactly that!

Love it, love it, love it.

I get what Dan's saying too but the couple love it!

Excellent photography
James

Saw this on FB, great shot. I chicken out of these images. Need to be a bit braver and go with it. I would have lightened the couple more and then lost its impact.

great stuff

Thanks guys. And @gpc1 just go for it. Mood is so important.

I love it. I get the impression that people are getting more photography-literate; there's so much out there now that non-photographers are starting to notice things which are a bit different. Though I'm not trying to run a business at the same time as educate the great unwashed!

Thanks! And agreed.

As above. I love it, but my Mrs stared at it with a puzzled look for a minute.

Its a great picture for sure, but, I feel my eyes being drawn to the people watching in the background. If the couple had a touch of rim lighting to separate them slightly for example I would think my eyes would remain on the foreground.

Probably won't be for everyone, but cheers for the feedback.

Yeah, I get that Dan but it does completely depend on who you attract. If couples want their faces in every photo they'll be disappointed in what I produce, but I'm ok with that. Thankfully I work with some great couples who appreciate the route I'm taking. It's one of my favourite images so will definitely be on my site. I'm not saying this a bold image, but bold images will help to get the right couples for you.

That's a wall hanger for sure!

Irrespective wether a wedding photo or not, thats a brilliant image. :clap:

I like this a lot and think your target market will lap it up.

It reminds me of a Spanish/Italian/Mexican type film that I can't remember the name of :)

very beautiful, what a magical moment! Do you remember the gear/settings you used by any chance?

Back