First effort

Colours are strong, the subject stands out well and I want to ask what she's looking at. It's probably a matter of taste, but the blur added in post is so uncomfortable that it makes me want to gnaw my own leg off - apart from that good photo.

Colours are strong, the subject stands out well and I want to ask what she's looking at. It's probably a matter of taste, but the blur added in post is so uncomfortable that it makes me want to gnaw my own leg off - apart from that good photo.
Thank you, what she was looking at I have no idea but for me it helps make the photo, maybe boyfriend, girlfriend, taxi, who knows just intrigue to me. As for the gnaw legging blur, that was actually me trying out my new 'toy' a Canon 24mm Tilt Shift. I was trying to draw attention to her. Didn't work obviously! :D
Thank you very much for your input. (y)

Interesting that you used a real TS lens. I've recently seen a couple of people using them for in-camera replication of photoshop/phone processing like this.

Did you add the Leake Street image after? I don't remember seeing it when I commented? Nice bright colours that suit the place and the lines lead well.

Interesting that you used a real TS lens. I've recently seen a couple of people using them for in-camera replication of photoshop/phone processing like this.

Did you add the Leake Street image after? I don't remember seeing it when I commented? Nice bright colours that suit the place and the lines lead well.
No, posted both together. Thanks for the comment.

Assuming you want critique, if not I apologise. Too much going on, a much tighter crop of the girl would give more interest, after all she is the subject matter, second image for me the subject again is the guys painting.

With the first one, I found the blur a bit odd, it makes for a decent street photo but I think she is too small in the frame. With the second image there was too much in the frame. This is just my opinion

Assuming you want critique, if not I apologise. Too much going on, a much tighter crop of the girl would give more interest, after all she is the subject matter, second image for me the subject again is the guys painting.
Oh yes please fire away. As I said it was first attempt and I’m not going to learn if people don’t point out the errors of my ways. Thanks

With the first one, I found the blur a bit odd, it makes for a decent street photo but I think she is too small in the frame. With the second image there was too much in the frame. This is just my opinion
I wanted to get the pub in the shot and as she was stood to the left of the pub, I thought cropping it tighter would make it look odd with her right over on the left.
Thanks

Back