Critique First go at "fine art" Mono

When I was "observing" other people's lessons and they asked for feedback, I always asked them how they felt about it. 99 times out of a 100, they'd come back with the positives and negatives that I'd seen.
Whatever I say, it doesn't mean that I'm right and you're wrong.
What do you think?

Continue to experiment and you'll see your own style develop. Reflect on your images a week, a month, a year after taking them.
Enjoy the process, the journey and above all ... stay positive about your own work.

I would like to see a bit more space around the structure, give it room to breathe. Other than that not bad at all. I would focus on creating images that please you rather than trying to classify them as fine art.

Thank you for the comments. @Brazo you are right about the space, there are other structures either side and my PP is not good enough to lose them.

When I was "observing" other people's lessons and they asked for feedback, I always asked them how they felt about it. 99 times out of a 100, they'd come back with the positives and negatives that I'd seen.
Whatever I say, it doesn't mean that I'm right and you're wrong.
What do you think?

Continue to experiment and you'll see your own style develop. Reflect on your images a week, a month, a year after taking them.
Enjoy the process, the journey and above all ... stay positive about your own work.
That is such good advice, it should be inserted automatically at the top of every critique post. That said, even though we all probably know, we do want the validation of a second, third, fourth pair of eyes; it always helps.

Back to the photo, the posts are a bit too soft for me.

I've never quite understood what actually qualifies as 'fine art' or what 'fine art' actually is for that matter. .....Whatever, I do like this 'minimalist' image, it has a lot going for it, but have to agree with Sirch that the posts are a bit soft. Could you sharpen them a bit more in processing? Maybe even a little more clarity might help.

Back