first go at focus stacking

Name
Jeff
Edit My Images
No
just had my first attempt at focus stacking with the olympus 60mm macro . very pleased with the result so far .keep my mind occupied through this lockdown anyway . natural light only

first blood by jeff and jan cohen, on Flickr

Very cool! Looks seemless on my phone!

What did you use and how many photos are stacked?

Iany pitfalls to watch out for, for any one else who might be trying it for the first time?

Very cool! Looks seemless on my phone!

What did you use and how many photos are stacked?

Iany pitfalls to watch out for, for any one else who might be trying it for the first time?
its a built in facility on some of the olympus cameras , you have to switch it on in menu (check u.tube) it takes a series of shots in this case 8 in raw format which it stacks together to leave a finished j.peg . no pitfalls I can see I used auto i.s.o on this one but obviously a pre-set low iso is better. not advised hand held, a desk top tripod is best done a couple more now something to play with

its a built in facility on some of the olympus cameras , you have to switch it on in menu (check u.tube) it takes a series of shots in this case 8 in raw format which it stacks together to leave a finished j.peg . no pitfalls I can see I used auto i.s.o on this one but obviously a pre-set low iso is better. not advised hand held, a desk top tripod is best done a couple more now something to play with

Wow! Incredible as an in camera facility! I assumed this was hours of work in post!

Back