First go at journalistic shots.....

Edit My Images
No
Captured a couple of shots outside parliment yesterday. Was really struggling with failing light and trying to get the right exposure. I think looking back i should have tried a faster ISO.

Copper1comp.jpg

Copperscomp.jpg

some good efforts there m8,

photojournolism is hard , as the pics have to tell/sell the story in less than a second, and still be able to when it has been forgoten about in 10 years time

keep at it

MyPix :)

I like the second shot but attention is drawn to the head in the way of the N in Chidren on the poster behind. The two main banners / posters are obscured by the police so maybe moving slightly to capture one of them in full view to better explain what the picture is about!

/tosses his 2p into the thread

Reflective jackets are a complete nightmare. Many of my shots are taken on construction sites where everyone is wearing them, or worse still down shafts or excavations and you can't use flash because it bounces straight back off the reflective bands. It's almost impossible to get the exposure right for both the jacket and everything else. :x

Yeah a few feet to the left on the second one would have been better.

I did have a shot where i got no blowout on the jacket. But i fecked the focus up. :x

interesting shots Steve, i prefer the second one, whats with the stuff in the background

Fungus said:

Agreed [smilie=t:

Reflective jackets are a complete nightmare as are wedding dresses and grooms outfits’ side by side but not to the same extent. My only advice would be to meter for the highlights and recover the shadow detail afterwards on the important "keepers". Once you have lost highlights they are unrecoverable but in the majority of cases, shadow detail can be found.

EosD said:
interesting shots Steve, i prefer the second one, whats with the stuff in the background

A permanent demonstration about the Iraq outside Westminister. All looked a bit mad to me. :roll:

Steve said:
Fungus said:

Agreed [smilie=t:

Reflective jackets are a complete nightmare as are wedding dresses and grooms outfits’ side by side but not to the same extent. My only advice would be to meter for the highlights and recover the shadow detail afterwards on the important "keepers". Once you have lost highlights they are unrecoverable but in the majority of cases, shadow detail can be found.[/quote]

Yeah. It is almost certainly a subject matter i will be revisiting. So will definately concentrate on getting the reflective jackets right first.

Back