First go at Milky Way (with Stevington Windmill)

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I sort of accidentally shot this, was waiting for a nice sunset and a nice moonset, neither of which transpired so waited for this.

Found it quite hard to be honest mainly as I was shooting toward where the sun and moon had set less than an hour before plus fighting light pollution.

Olympus EM1 - 12-40 f2.8 as widest aperture and focal length. ISO 2000 10 seconds.

Week 29 - Fruit by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Noise pollution is a killer in bedfordshire, the shot needs some noise reduction, am I right in thinking this is stevington windmill?

Not bad at all for a first attempt, shame about the plane going over, but I guess we would be lost without them:)

Donnie do you mind if I have a play with this on photoshop as a learning exercise I've been shown some techniques for star shots. Will of course not keep the file and will post my result if it works. If you say no that's completely fine [emoji846]

Last edited:
Donnie do you mind if I have a play with this on photoshop as a learning exercise I've been shown some techniques for star shots. Will of course not keep the file and will post my result if it works. If you say no that's completely fine [emoji846]

go for it mate, let me know how you go on

ah you mean the meteor from the Orinod meteor shower then......

Sadly it looks more like a plane, a meteor has more of a tapered trail as it appears for a split second only, not the duration of the exposure like a plane which keeps a straight trail.

Sadly it looks more like a plane, a meteor has more of a tapered trail as it appears for a split second only, not the duration of the exposure like a plane which keeps a straight trail.

Oh, that's odd as Ive seen meteors from the perseids for several seconds at a time with the bare eye. plus there was no intermittent flashing from a plane etc in the vicinity at the time.

Back