1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DerekL

DerekL

Name:
    Derek
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  2. Graham

Graham

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    1st shot is the best imo with the sharpness/focus, the others are suffering with something but I am not sure what, maybe its noise but I am not sure.
    I looked at the flickr files and I see the exif and the ISO is at 400, I would say that is a bit too high for a Canon camera and this has introduced noise which is very noticeable in the last shot.

3. DerekL

DerekL

Name:
    Derek
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Thanks for the comment. I do not think 400 ISO is to high for a 7DMk2. It is probably down to my processing. Certainly the last one is quite a large crop.
    I think I might have over sharpened them some what.

Graham likes this.
  4. Graham

Graham

Name:
    Graham
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Ah ok that makes sense.

5. GardenersHelper

GardenersHelper

Name:
    Nick
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    The flash looks to be working well, and you got the focus spot on with these, giving some nice detail.

I'm happy with ISO 800 on my 70D so I would have thought ISO 400 should be absolutely no problem with the 7D.

6. DerekL

DerekL

Name:
    Derek
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I need to get more time using the flash but happy with what it gives. £78 from Amazon so not a huge outlay. Hopefully get time in the next couple of weeks. Working really gets in the way

7. Derek897

Derek897

Name:
    Derek
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    A very good first go with the ring flash.
    First shot is the best of the set, and as spotted by yourself, your pp has degraded the results a bit on the others.
    The sigma 105mm is a cracking lens, I use one too. Might be worth looking into getting a set of ext tubes, quite cheap and will help with magnification.
    A diffuser for the ring flash wouldn't be a bad idea, as when up close the flash can be a tad harsh and result in blown highlights.
    A look at https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/show-us-your-macro-rig.132158/ for ideas, usually diy jobs and fun to try out and cheap as chips.
    Keep up the good work, :):):)

DerekL likes this.