First Lesbian Wedding

Edit My Images
No
Did my first lesbian wedding with these two amazing girls. It had been predicted thunderstorms, but thankfully the weather was all wrong! Torrential rain on the way to the first bride and during the speeches but we were inside for that so it didn't affect the day too much apart from boggy grass!

Feedback welcomed :)

https://www.facebook.com/TerryMoranPhotography/posts/1471155576254131

Looks like a great day. Pics are looking good, and the pre wedding ones. :)

Excellent set of pics. Don't think I have seen a happier couple after the ceremony. Well done.

C.

I hadn't thought of that.

Cool :)

Thanks, but that's gone way over my head haha?! Or do you mean so I could spot the bride?!
Metering I'd guess. That's what I thought anyway.
Must make it a lot easier getting detail in the dresses.

Metering I'd guess. That's what I thought anyway.
Must make it a lot easier getting detail in the dresses.

Exactly!!
Nothing untoward in the comment.
I love the images you tok (inc the ones without the brides).
But my initial reaction was lucky buggar - he'll have no metering problems.

Lovely set of pictures. A really good feeling about them

Only the problem about exposing the dress properly, twice :)

So my only real question is, why the description as a lesbian wedding? Why not "I shot a wedding with these two amazing girls".

Did you manage to cover both preparations?

Not disagreeing, just seemed strange in these enlightened times to use that phrasing. Not a negative comment just found it strange that it wasn't described as gay, same-sex etc.
Great photos by the way.
Well, some people are scared to use an accurate adjective. Gay could mean a few things :)
I don't see a problem really. Maybe it's an age thing! :D

Some great images there.
So lucky that they were both wearing white ;-)
In the old days brides wore white to indicate their purity and virginity, these days I see very few brides wearing white. I suppose in this case they are perfectly entitled :)
Unfortunately I cant get to see the pictures themselves.

Matt

I clicked the link, scrolled down past all the test to see some photos then clicked on them, where you get about 20+ photos to click through.
I don't have farcebook either

Thanks for that… will look later! :cool:

Are all other weddings described as hetrosexual weddings because that's what they are.
Don't be daft.
They are called weddings.

Are you deliberately trying to be obtuse?

I think in this case it describes the event.

Exactly!!
Nothing untoward in the comment.
I love the images you tok (inc the ones without the brides).
Ahhh yes! It did make it easier, especially when we had lots of sunlight. The only issue I had by chance was caused by the sun. There was a skylight in the room and about 3 minutes before the ceremony ended, the sun shone through. It was nice as it was on the brides but it was blinding one. I knew 'the kiss' was coming up and was trying to see what to meter for when I metered on their faces, the background was pretty much black so I will have to see what I can recover later.

Only the problem about exposing the dress properly, twice :)

So my only real question is, why the description as a lesbian wedding? Why not "I shot a wedding with these two amazing girls".

Did you manage to cover both preparations?
One of the brides said lesbian wedding twice, so it stuck and they were amazing and so fun.

I did, one wasn't too fussed about the prep and wanted me from 9 till 11. I was excited about the day and up early so arrived at 8.15 and left about 10. I had got the shots I wanted and it was starting to get stressful cause some flowers were missing so I knew it was time to move!

Thanks all for the comments

Don't be daft.
They are called weddings.

Are you deliberately trying to be obtuse?

I think in this case it describes the event.
It was a rhetorical question hence the lack of a "?"

So why is it necessary to describe the event in any other way you would if it were a hetrosexual couple, a couple of differing ethnicity etc. If you put an adjective in where normally you wouldn't (as you pointed out above) you are highlighting difference. Thats on the path to discrimination.

Are you deliberately trying to support discrimination!

my sister snorted er coffee all over the monitor reading this thread! she's a lesbian and can't believe the fuss

lovely photos too, she says and no problem clicking through to facebook (again, fuss over nothing)

So why is it necessary to describe the event in any other way you would if it were a hetrosexual couple, a couple of differing ethnicity etc. If you put an adjective in where normally you wouldn't (as you pointed out above) you are highlighting difference. Thats on the path to discrimination.

First off, a question should have a question mark. It doesn't matter if it is rhetorical or not.
You could put 'heterosexual' in front of 'wedding', especially if it was the first for you as a photographer!
I don't think it is highlighting difference, it's just describing what it is, it's hardly a slippery slope to discrimination.

There was a thread on here recently about a Goth wedding. There was no discussion about describing it as such, it was what it was.

You seem to just want an argument. Get a life. You're arguing a non issue.

I don't see any complaints from any of our gay members.

I suggest you open a thread in Hot Topics to discuss your problems with adjectives as this puts a damper on a thread about a happy couple's photographs.

I believe your question has already been answered

One of the brides said lesbian wedding twice, so it stuck and they were amazing and so fun

So why not give it a rest, eh?

First off, a question should have a question mark. It doesn't matter if it is rhetorical or not.
You could put 'heterosexual' in front of 'wedding', especially if it was the first for you as a photographer!
I don't think it is highlighting difference, it's just describing what it is, it's hardly a slippery slope to discrimination.

There was a thread on here recently about a Goth wedding. There was no discussion about describing it as such, it was what it was.

You seem to just want an argument. Get a life. You're arguing a non issue.

I don't see any complaints from any of our gay members.

I suggest you open a thread in Hot Topics to discuss your problems with adjectives as this puts a damper on a thread about a happy couple's photographs.
You can suggest all you like!

really lovely photos - looks like a cool venue, there is a marsh farm near me so i got really confused, but obviously not the same one! Love the cake - whats the significance? just they both love batman and lego?

I personally wouldn't want my wedding (not that :'m ever having one) called a lesbian wedding but thats just me - but presumably OP knows the couple enough to describe it as such. I probably would have called mine 'big ole homo wedding' so that prob would have gone down (no pun intended) even worse here ;)

I clicked the link, scrolled down past all the test to see some photos then clicked on them, where you get about 20+ photos to click through.
I don't have farcebook either

I clicked, but still can't view them without the huge sign in / join popup.
Would be nice to see some shots here, and a little lazy not to even offer a single one imo.

Some lovely shots, they look happy,thats all that matters.
And some cracking pics to remember there day

I clicked, but still can't view them without the huge sign in / join popup.
Would be nice to see some shots here, and a little lazy not to even offer a single one imo.

I agree, not everyone is registered on Facebook.

Back