First Light from The Quiraing, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
First Light from the Quiraing, Isle of Skye, Scotland..

It was a lovely morning walk, to this position, and we saw pinks towards the east, knowing another good sunrise was to be had, lady luck was with us, and we can be grateful for the light but more importantly the memories!

Thanks for looking, Andy

S.first light at the quirang.jpg

Splendid scenery!

Beautiful scene and lovely light. I too must go back there soon.

Beautiful light and capture !

cheers guys! steve, yep old man of storr we did twice, the second time I ran up as fast I could and my lungs were killing during the last 1/3rd!

Beautiful light on some of the finest scenery I'll ever see. Looks like a family of sleeping dinosaurs.

Thanks for sharing.

Beautiful image.
I really wouldn't alter a thing.

cheers ruth, thank you derek

Very nice capture Andrew

A beautiful Place and stunning shot there Andrew.

Did you get good light? I did it once and got sweet fa...

Your image reminds me, I really should get back to Skye

Steve, yep good light and an inversion to boot,

I will be posting that soon too

cheers,

Andy

Reactions: ST4
Hope you don't mind hearing a dissenting voice.......but having been to the Quirang very recently I honestly don't think you've got to the best location.

I know everybody loves golden hour light too, but I don't believe it does the subject justice here.

Absolutely not, but photography is very subjective, and for me this is my own personal take on what I saw ( first time to Skye ) and I particular wanted to photograph the scene in the way my eyes saw it, as in the ridge lines, the shadows and textures of the scenery. This photograph is really a timely reminder of a trip filled with happy memories.

For me the journey of making an image is in one way far more important than the actual end result, the image is an outcome of that journey.

I may not have got to a perceived best location, but nevertheless I had the great pleasure of photographing this scene

Absolutely not, but photography is very subjective, and for me this is my own personal take on what I saw ( first time to Skye ) and I particular wanted to photograph the scene in the way my eyes saw it, as in the ridge lines, the shadows and textures of the scenery. This photograph is really a timely reminder of a trip filled with happy memories.

For me the journey of making an image is in one way far more important than the actual end result, the image is an outcome of that journey.

I may not have got to a perceived best location, but nevertheless I had the great pleasure of photographing this scene

That's a very fair response.

I spent a week on Skye in September and the island has such photographic potential. By chance I discovered there is more dramatic view (in my opinion) across that landscape if you head more upwards from the car park rather than taking more of a contour route as you seem to have done. Others will know the area far better than I do.

Hi Jeremy
Absolutely, it has brilliant potential, do you have an image of this dramatic view for reference ?

Thanks,

Andy

Well this is it. It may not be as popular as yours! _MG_1449.jpg
I was on a walk with friends and had been lugging my DSLR kit around for several hours in totally dull conditions when the sun came out for a few minutes. Right place, right time for once......!

Did you visit the lighthouse at Neist Point as well? Easy walk from the car park so very popular. But most people seem to take the same picture.

You've posted some gorgeous pictures elsewhere, Andrew....I just don't think the above was one of your best.

Yep, we did visit neist point and the conditions werent with us, I didnt bring my camera out but I wasnt going to photograph from the top of the cliff as I wanted a different POV, yep I see what you mean its a different POV, but I guess the reason why we went the way we did was to avoid showing the road if you! but still a nice fine shot from yourself!

I'd be more than happy with the image posted, what a lovely image & place. Hearing it may not be one of your best images though makes me want to go off to look at some of your other threads so that's there where I'm going.

Hearing it is not one of his best makes me want to jump of the nearest high edge :(

Love it.

Gaz

I can see the higher prespective of Jeremys shot being really good with the light of andys shot, but Andys has a a more open, spacious feel. It could be as much to do with the aspect ratio as anything else but I really rate Andy's image

Thank you everyone, much appreciated.

absolutely lovely. Have you tried to see what looks like in B%W ?
Looked at your website, truly fantastic shots

Back