First lunar stacking

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
big stack by Andrew Gray, on Flickr

Captured this last night with 137 shots. Registax picked the best 43 and stacked these to create this image. This is my first lunar stack attempt.

All I say is do not become an astronaut you may hit mars instead of the moon

Hint . Top right edge at about angle of 2 o'clock

eGTwuol.jpg

Last edited:
Before I end up in some kind of institute lol... So the photo you have shown me is the correct orientation of the moon?
Even though last night I shot the moon the orientation in the picture? I always assumed how it looks is the right way up lol.

Not sure what the stacking has achieved other than making it blurry. Unless you wanted to produce a moon trail image accross the sky I cant see why you would need multiple images for a moon. Good long lens, appropriate exposure time and wala!

Not sure what the stacking has achieved other than making it blurry. Unless you wanted to produce a moon trail image accross the sky I cant see why you would need multiple images for a moon. Good long lens, appropriate exposure time and wala!
You sure about that? Have you tried it?

Read this thread: Atmospheric effects on moon photos
Look at the moon image in this thread: Not the ISS this morning
And then come back to let us know what you think.

Do you want to take that back and apologise to the OP, or is it necessary that I humiliate you in public?
how sad you can't take anything that is not serious, of course it was not ment to humiliate

Last edited:
Anyway, for those who are curious, @AndyG123 did not post his picture upside down, regardless of what any local space cadets might think.

Here's a simulation from Stellarium showing what the moon would have looked like from the southern UK yesterday night.

20459-1540372466-0056e4a3a9c789c78fa545068315b120.jpg

Last edited:
Back