First Macro post

2 lovely shots steve... what was the aperture you set on the 50mm for these 2 shots?

I would have liked a tad more DOF on #2 but does have that nice ethereal feel.

Welcome to the macro/close-up section Steve, the daisy shot is very nice with some good detail and well controlled lighting.(y)

The second shot could be nice but unfortunately it looks as if you have a bit of subject or camera movement during exposure (it happens to us all). Looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

George.

2 lovely shots steve... what was the aperture you set on the 50mm for these 2 shots?

I would have liked a tad more DOF on #2 but does have that nice ethereal feel.

I'm terrible at recording/remebering camera settings, the tubes are very cheap ones with no connectors so the camera does not recorded any info as far as aperture. From memory, the daisy would probably have been a smaller aperture (probably around f8 or a bit higher) as it was pretty well lit in early morning sun. The grass seed was taken at sunset and I was struggling to get it bright enough so would have been round the f1.8 limit of the lens, hence the very narrow dof.

Welcome to the macro/close-up section Steve, the daisy shot is very nice with some good detail and well controlled lighting.(y)

The second shot could be nice but unfortunately it looks as if you have a bit of subject or camera movement during exposure (it happens to us all). Looking forward to seeing some more of your work.

George.

The second shot definetly has some movement, probably from both the subject and a bit from the camera. It was taken as part of a macro challenge for taking a backlit shot, I was taking the shot with the seeds backlit by a setting sun and had pushed the ISO as high as I was comfortable with and had the aperture at about f1.8 so was limited to the shutter speed I could use. Having said that I actually quite liked the way it came out.

Thank you all for taking the time to look and comment.

Back