First Macro session in a long time!

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
This year I've decided I'm going to do a lot more macro again, it's been 2 years since I put the time in and I've kinda missed it!

Anyway, I've decided I'm going to concentrate on composition rather than detailed close-ups like I used to do!

First one is with the beautiful Zeiss 100mm F2 macro, in the right light this lens really does produce the goods.

Dreams by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

The second shot is with an adapted 80mm 2.8 Diaplan projector lens (built around 1950), it's not the sharpest lens but it's fun to play with its bubble bokeh!

Venom by Neil Burnell, on Flickr

Dreamy and horrifying, the best of both worlds!
… love the droplets effect… very convincing!

Dreamy and horrifying, the best of both worlds!
… love the droplets effect… very convincing!

That's how the Diaplan produces bokeh Daniel, this one was created using a manfroto LED with an orange/red colour gel. My daughter is doing a bokeh project for her GCSE so she will be using this lens a lot! Both shots are done in camera with minimal processing, its a technique I'm learning and improving on every time I go.

The first is nice but the second is stunning Neil

Both stunning shots Neil, my preference is to the Spider as the colour, tone and obvious bubble bokeh is so fresh against the vast majority of marco shots I have seen of late. - I'm half tempted to by a macro lens now! 100mm 1:1 for bluebells should do it I think?

Both stunning shots in their own way, No 1 for the light that this lens has created and No 2 for that bubble effect Bokeh.

Fabulous images Neil.
Cheers Toni

Both stunning shots Neil, my preference is to the Spider as the colour, tone and obvious bubble bokeh is so fresh against the vast majority of marco shots I have seen of late. - I'm half tempted to by a macro lens now! 100mm 1:1 for bluebells should do it I think?
Cheers Geoff

Both stunning shots in their own way, No 1 for the light that this lens has created and No 2 for that bubble effect Bokeh.
Thanks Graham

Love them both. The bokeh on the last is wonderful. Hope you do shoot more macro - your shots are always inspiring.
Cheers Chris that's very kind of you :)

Especially love the first one - loved it on Instagram as well, but even better on a bigger screen.

Back