Critique First of the year

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
My first encounter with a completely mad little leveret where we usually see hares,second encounter of the year. Image maker AWOL. Fella came so quick it simply didn't register to me that the hare had just gone from very bright ,do dark dark shade and I ought do something :oops: :$ Mind this mad little thing was not hanging around, it knew I was there it just kept coming stop again so fast. Soo main reason to post is that the file is horendously under exposed ......................maybe 2 stops can more be had?? I guess it's also my first proper silly incident with a baby hare this year which has to be worth sharing. I thought these files were ruined ,by what I saw on the back of the camera nearly deleted them . So I've never tried to recover anything quite like these before.

I've had a crack with DPP added a slightly sharps layer selectively to the kidlet in pscc. EXP is boosted by 1.3 stops in DPP bit of gamma to the left to also brighten any thoughts??

Ha too cute and off the chart BONKERS,!! 1/2000 f 5.6 iso 400 560mm as framed/no crop 1dxii 400do is ii 1.4 extii

_S2I3242 UE leveret sm j by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cracking shot, the important part, the eye area, nose and whiskers are super sharp, that to me is what matters most with Hare portraits, nicely composed too with space to move into

Paul

Little critters just have to love them ,nice one mate. As said nice and sharp were it counts.

Thanks guys very kind,just gorgeous aren't they. Paul i'd have probably added to the dof if I had of been fast enough,but I'm happy to have anything from this encounter .

John I saw my first a day after you posted an image here. That was closer to to home which is good ,I think we've been "hit" around here sadly .I was tracking deer and damn nearly stepped on her recently,which has probably scuppered intimate photo ops. But I'm so thrilled it's still around,they are so vunerable when small every week is important, but it struck me how close those two sightings were.

Lovely kind words guys cheers,I'm still reeling from the fact I can show you anything from this encounter,ok the later stuff in the shade

stu

Back