First photo job feedback

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
I know it doesnt sound nice,but photo's like these would end in my garbage bin.
#1 is made with the wrong lens. A 28-70mm would have done the job
#2 Nice,but the surounding houses are not of any interest for the shop.
#3 Picture is falling to the left.
#4 To wide and wrong angle. A client want to see what's for sale.Make it frontal and show the cakes and other goodies . The ceiling and cash point on the left should not be seen.
#5 Okay. no comments.
#6 Way to wide and wrong angle. Light and poster (left) and ceiling are not interesting
#7.Line is going the wrong way and falls over to the left.
I would make this one dead on symetrical. Perhaps even with a fisheye.

I know it doesnt sound nice,but photo's like these would end in my garbage bin.
#1 is made with the wrong lens. A 28-70mm would have done the job
#2 Nice,but the surounding houses are not of any interest for the shop.
#3 Picture is falling to the left.
#4 To wide and wrong angle. A client want to see what's for sale.Make it frontal and show the cakes and other goodies . The ceiling and cash point on the left should not be seen.
#5 Okay. no comments.
#6 Way to wide and wrong angle. Light and poster (left) and ceiling are not interesting
#7.Line is going the wrong way and falls over to the left.
I would make this one dead on symetrical. Perhaps even with a fisheye.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Was my first time and i don't do photography full time so wasn't expecting anything good :)
Will take it into consideration if i do it a next time haha.

What was your brief for the job? The reason I ask is because although you have some very nice images I'm not sure that they all serve the purpose of promoting the store.

The main thing that strikes me is the lack of people for a store opening. I clicked through to your flickr and you do have some shots with people in but the majority don't have any.

What was your brief for the job? The reason I ask is because although you have some very nice images I'm not sure that they all serve the purpose of promoting the store.

The main thing that strikes me is the lack of people for a store opening. I clicked through to your flickr and you do have some shots with people in but the majority don't have any.

My GF works for a construction company so asked me to do some photos of the building and the fittings. The store opened later that day.

I quite like #6 (the checkout). Then I read Robert's comments and kinda agree and in the light of it and after a bit of a think I would have just moved the camera to the left a bit so all the poster were visible and loose the red thing at the far right. This would also leave space in front of the tills - sort of equivalent to leaving a space in front of an animal when taking wildlife shots.

TTFN,
Jon

Back