First photos post: Southport airshow 2016

Edit My Images
Yes
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Here's a few I took from Southport this weekend. It's my first upload so go gentle on me please. There may be some size issues as I have resized them on my phone to 2k. Shot on a D3300 with a 55-200 lens

Great images, good effort. Have you done much processing?

Thank you. Not too much fiddling, the processing I did was to try and bring out the smoke and jelly :) I think the bottom one looks like an air to air shot, I slapped a couple of graduated filters on the top and bottom to bring out some sky colour.

I agree, the last does look like an air to air shot.

I thought I would get more comments? Are they that 'average?' Feel free to say something. I'm new and feel a little left out :)
A number of threads don't get many comments tbh, don't take it personally. I'm not sure what 'that average' means tbh, but they are nice shots but nothing that I would call super special. I didn't want to pass on too much critique as you said to be gentle, but I can expand further if you like? ;)

Thanks chaps, im not looking for an ego massage, i was just curious that there was no traffic on the thread. It's the first photo post i have put up, ,and i am still finding my way around TP to be honest.@snerkler, I know these images are far from perfect, I was right on the edge of the focal length, there's been some heavy cropping and some PP black magic to boot. Feel free to expand if you have the time. I know myself that to improve these images, I would start with a bigger lens than a 200mm kit lens.

Thanks chaps, im not looking for an ego massage, i was just curious that there was no traffic on the thread. It's the first photo post i have put up, ,and i am still finding my way around TP to be honest.@snerkler, I know these images are far from perfect, I was right on the edge of the focal length, there's been some heavy cropping and some PP black magic to boot. Feel free to expand if you have the time. I know myself that to improve these images, I would start with a bigger lens than a 200mm kit lens.
OK. The first and 3rd are slightly soft, not sure if this is due to using a slow shutter or just the lens. The processing on 2 and 3 is not my taste, bit too harsh for me. Also 2 is quite noisy so could do with some NR/sharpening mask. The last one is a great shot, and with better PP could be epic. I'd very much like to see the original of 4.

View attachment 73667 This is a copy of the original (resized) @snerkler
Cool, really does look like you're taking it from another plane, how did you achieve it?

It doesn't look like you had to crop it much in your edit so I'd imagine you'd be able to get it sharper/clearer and get a bit more pop too (y)

I was stood on the elevated beach wall, prob 12 feet above the sand. The aircraft was doing a high speed pass at low level (100' maybe). I've been trying to sharpen it without ruining it. Not hit the sweet spot yet :)

Back