First Play with the Fuji XE2 + Sammy 12mm Combo

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
Morning all,

Thanks to the recommendations and advice from a few on these forums, I ended up plumping for the Sammy 12 mm when considering a new landscape lens for my Fuji XE2 ... And while I've not been as active with the camera over the past 2 months due to family health issues going on, the shots which I've taken with the new combo have been rather pleasing ... Really looking forward to giving this combo a real run-out over the next few months ..

The Long Road Ahead (used with Formatt-Hitech ND filters)
16254537607_587726407a.jpg

Pre-Dawn on Burwell Fen (Handheld High ISO grab shot)
16323207431_2095dc4b1c.jpg

Pretty in Pink (River Cam, Cambridge, Single Exposure)
16472425058_197b54b124.jpg

Plenty more over the coming months .... but so far, really liking the combo ...

cheers,

Nigel

Hi Nigel. Liking 1 and 2, with 2 the favourite. Not sure about 3 - is that natural or filtered?

I've been thinking of getting the Samyang 12mm for my XT-1 and your photos seem to show that its a good sharp lens. Hows the build quality?

Very nice Nigel, lovely captures!

I've just bought the lens myself for my X-Pro 1 & X-E 1 bodies, only had it less than a week and not had a chance to shoot it much yet as I work a lot of nightshifts. I recently sold my XF14mm lens as I didn't think it was wide enough for my landscape stuff.

Looking forward to viewing more of your work with the Samyang 12mmf/2.

Regards;
pete

Hi Nigel. Liking 1 and 2, with 2 the favourite. Not sure about 3 - is that natural or filtered?

I've been thinking of getting the Samyang 12mm for my XT-1 and your photos seem to show that its a good sharp lens. Hows the build quality?

I'm very impressed with the build quality - the lens hood would perhaps be the only down fall as it feels a bit wobbly at times ... but apart from that very nice indeed. I've actually been using it at football as well ... really impressed with the sharpness ..

Oh and number 3 .... I was waiting for someone to ask - it was a single exposure and this was with very very little processing, especially on colours ... it was the oddest moment of colour from a sunrise that I think I've ever seen ..

Very nice Nigel, lovely captures!

I've just bought the lens myself for my X-Pro 1 & X-E 1 bodies, only had it less than a week and not had a chance to shoot it much yet as I work a lot of nightshifts. I recently sold my XF14mm lens as I didn't think it was wide enough for my landscape stuff.

Looking forward to viewing more of your work with the Samyang 12mmf/2.

Regards;
pete

Cheers Pete .... I spent ages between this and the Zeiss and I must admit for flexibility I'm still tempted by the 10-24 .. but for now (and I'm sure the remainder of this year at least) the 12mm will be my go-to lens on all things landscape ... and as I've finding out, even some stuff at the football (ground, crowds etc) ...

I am very very impressed with it ....

The first two are lovely. ..especially 2.
Three...my only issue is it seems as if the lightness of the whole image has been pushed too far, and for me it looks unnatural.

Back