Beginner First Robin

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Not bad for a first. I would say the image that this image look a bit dull (colourwise) it need to be lifted up a bit and given more contrast. It's also a bit soft looking even at full resolution on flickr maybe due to the pretty slow shutter speed 1/100th is pretty slow.

Thanks for that.
I've just upped the contrast a bit and it does look better. Not sure why I didn't do that the first time round!

Red Robin by -johnsonpauld-

Last edited:
Great shot.

As said keep up the shutter speed, the robin will allow you plenty of practice, they are such great posers..............

Great first attempt Paul:clap::clap::clap: I am pretty new at Post processing but I would clone out some of the clutter especially the branch sticking out of his head and perhaps the bright white one also the black mark in the top RH corner:) your edit looks better than the original(y)

Last edited:
Many thanks.

Post processing is a bit hit and miss for me at the moment. All editing takes place on my iPad because I can't justify a new computer. The more I look at this the more I can make sense of the comments. I just need to spend more time getting them right

Back